Kenwood KR-9400 receiver questions

*oldschool*

Hi,

New member here but a long time follower and the members here are the experts. I picked up an old Kenwood KR-9400 120 watt per channel. I got it to drive my 4 ohm AR 90s or a stack of large advents that will end up at 4 ohm. I understand my Marantz 2270 and 2265B don't like 4 ohm loads. The Kenny works great and has been de-oxed. One of the meter lights is out. Also the service bulletin regarding oscillation has not been done. So my questions 1 the tuning knob... what size allen wrench? .. my set goes down to 2 MM and my fractional set even lower but none fit, 1.5MM? 2. any idea on the bulb for the meter and are they available? there is some confusing info out there and the service manual is no help.
3. There is a service bulletin that has not been done that concerns oscillation. Obviously oscillation has not been an issue but the question is what causes oscillation and is it safe to use until I can get the service bulletin done?

Welcome to AK, I think you will get a better answer on the Kenwood sub-forum... about your quiestion what I usually do in general is to get a precision set with hex screw drivers

1.5 mm is the size you are looking for and member DWOJO here, was all the bulbs you will need!.

Thanks all. I thought it might be 1.5 MM but hesitated buying another set. I'll aim my questions to the right forums next time. Just getting a feel for how to navigate around this great web site and I do have something to contribute from time to time, but mostly about New England speaker rebuilds and re-foams (AR, Advent, KLH, EPI and Dynaco.. not really NE but you know what I mean?.

Back
Top Bottom