Kenwood kr-9600 have u seen this before

Ice.man

So i puchased a parts 9600 to fix mine but its weird why does it have like another amp ontop of the amp has anyone ever seen this before

Last edited:
It was some sort of current-foldback device added toward the end of production possibly to help save the output modules from frying. It has been discussed here before - there is no documentation from Kenwood available as far as I know.

So the question is should i put them in mime also do they hold back power? I guess i dont really understand what they r for

Well you haven't told us what's broken on the one you're trying to fix, but assuming your amp modules are in good working order I'd not try to complicate the repair. There's a lot more 9600s out there without this circuit than with and they work just peachy.

Well i bought this reciever broken with a channel out i went to the repair guy just to have it checked over to see what all it needed well it turns out the people who owned it cut wires on the one amp off and my repair guy said that they were cut cause it needs a amp board which is why i bought the parts one so i would have two complete amp boards plus other spare parts which might come in handy

Well i bought this reciever broken with a channel out i went to the repair guy just to have it checked over to see what all it needed well it turns out the people who owned it cut wires on the one amp off and my repair guy said that they were cut cause it needs a amp board which is why i bought the parts one so i would have two complete amp boards plus other spare parts which might come in handy

Back
Top Bottom