Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W

Glenz75

Sansui and Pioneer Freak
Hi guys, I have been reading various threads on the 9600's and the TA200W issues. Was wondering what is the current state with these output IC's, is there someone who rebuilds them or are there good used ones still around? I have a KR9600 with one that is failed and looking for a solution...:)

Thanks in advance...

Good used ones show up from time to time on ebay, most often with sticker-shock attached. Sanken S-200WA is the exact same thing BTW. Have not heard of anyone rebuilding them.

How did you determine it's bad?

Good used ones show up from time to time on ebay, most often with sticker-shock attached. Sanken S-200WA is the exact same thing BTW. Have not heard of anyone rebuilding them.

How did you determine it's bad?

Thanks for that information about the Sanken equivalent. I restore and repair vintage japanese audio for a living so it didn't take much detective work to determine the IC being the culprit.

I was reading a post here a while back where Echowars stated that those can be repaired. I'm not suggesting that he is offering to repair them for other AKer's, but it might be worth sending him a PM about the subject to get his opinion.

Not repaired, but they can be replaced with discrete circuitry. Better just to wait till the proper part pops up, as they eventually do.

I went thru this a while back on the same advise from Echowars, and he actually alerted me to one that came up for sale. It was worth the wait and the money to get the monster huffing again, so be patient and save up. I paid $200 for the entire left side.

I'll have to check my parts, possible I may have a good one.
Maybe :dunno:

John

Not repaired, but they can be replaced with discrete circuitry. Better just to wait till the proper part pops up, as they eventually do.
Hi, thanks for letting me know anyway, hopefully one may surface. The KR9600's owner isn't in a hurry I don't think. Give me my Kenwood 700M any day though!:thumbsup:

This post has me concerned. I just purchased a Kenwood KR9600. It's in great shape with only one burned out bulb in a VU Meter and sounds perfect. However it is 40 years old. I bought it from the original owner and only paid $100. I don't think he used it too much, he was over 80 and living in a retirement home here in Florida. He said he turned it on every Sudnay to listen to church service and music. Still, with this part being so impossible to find (I did see some replacements selling for $229 shipping from China, and having been purchasing mgr for electronics and auto mfg for over 30 years I'd be highly suspect of them) I'm wondering should I just find this thing a new home before I have myself a new boat anchor. Or bucket of parts.

I just figure with my luck, it will die. I need around with this stuff to keep busy. My wife and doctor says it's good for me. I have terminal cancer and for a ling time i sat around and threw a pity party. Now I'm fine them, fix them and sell them. Sometimes I even give them away. I don't want to leave my wife with something and her remembe " yo7bcannsell the knobs for $10 each, the face plate for $100,..." Know that I think about it, I wonder id anyone ever took a perfectly good one and stripped it and aoldnrhe parts? I bet you'd get over a grand down this. Heck, who knows what those Darlington Power Paks would bring on EBay with rhe being perfectly good working condition. I can't see anywhere where any have sold in years. I'd have to get better then the $230 that the Chinese ones are selling for. Might be a limited market but some small electronics firm could make a fortune coming out and making STK and Darlington Power Oaks and other obsolete vintage electronics. Hmmm a million dollar idea?

You're right, it needs a good home and if I have to take it off your hands, I will. :D Seriously though, it'll be fine. $100? pfffft, That's only four pizzas and even if it did crap out, you could part it out for more than you paid for it. I would however be inclined to recap it. Oh yeah, almost forgot...your apprehension of Chinese OEM parts is warranted.
Oh, by the way if you're serious, let me know. Wasn't my intent and hope that this doesn't violate any rules. If not does met me know and I'll delete. New to AK

Back
Top Bottom