Kenwood KR-A4080 + Jenson (DR-1205) speakers -- what nxt ?

pauld.nz

Firstly, the specs for the amp:
(Intergrated amp/tuner 80 watts pc rms @ 8ohms 20Hz to 20,000Hz less than .09% thd.) and a pic can be found here on someone elses auction if anyone is interested.

I find that th amp runs the jensons well and i use it for mainly music but also run it through my TV for playing DVDs (using an xbox).

My problem is that i need alot more bass. The jensons are really clear for mid and high but i would love to have alot more bass for music and esp movies. Would it be better to crossover a active sub like the kenwood sw-500 pictured
here or to buy a cheep surround preamp and use my exsisting kenwood as a power amp. Then go from there ... I expect the later would cost allot more. Im pretty sure i could get a active sub in nz secound hand for around 300 NZ dollars or 150 AMD. But would this just sound like crap without the right sort of amp to run it ?

I have spoted a couple of recievers such as (this sony one and this yamaha one. . Is it posible to use my 2 channel kenwood amp to boost a 5 channel surround amp ?

Im sorry if you guys are confused, i know nxt to nothing about home theater.

Any help would be appreciated :) :

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom