Kenwood KR V7010

mtebob

Tube Lady
Hi all,
I have been searching for 2 days online for ANYTHING on this receiver. No luck.
Only thing coming up is the KRF V7010 which is not the same. Even Kenwood's site has no such receiver. It is a audio video surround sound receiver. I found it in a box, in the dumpster with it's remote. :banana: Tuner works just fine but thats as far as I got. There is a buttload of rca jacks on the back for monitor and system and ...:dunno:
I don't want to invest money into a system that might not be worth anything.
Anyone here know if this receiver is worth looking into?
If so, anyone know where I can borrow a copy of the manual?
Sure would appreciate it.
Thanks

I'm sort of in the same boat. Someone in my area has one for sale ($145) and I'm trying to compare it to other receivers to help me decide if I want to take a chance on it (my experience with Kenwood products has not impressed me). All I've been able to find so far is that it puts out a "claimed" 80 w/ch to the front speakers and that it has a built-in seven-band equalizer, which I really like (I swear, I don't understand why more electronics companies don't add that feature to all high-end receivers! Sometimes, minimal bass and treble-only controls are just not adequate!).

From your post, I'd say that whether or not investing money into it is a good idea might depend on the amount of money involved. Since you haven't spent anything on it yet, if it needs repairs that you can't complete yourself, I'd suggest that you take it to a good repair shop and see how high the bill goes. Based on the one that's for sale in my area (and records I found on eBay), I'd say it's at least worth about $140-$150. If the bill goes over that amount, just tell the shop owner to keep it for his trouble and you wouldn't have lost a thing!

Best of luck!

PS...

I found this ad on another site. Not much info there, but maybe you'll find it useful:

Rare Kenwood KR-V7010 AM/FM Dolby Surround Stereo Receiver

This receiver is in beautiful condition, the only flaw is a missing Video 2 switch panel cap
that inadvertently was snapped off while receiver was being moved ,etc
Switch still is fully operational and can operated by a pen , not a big deal IMHO !
99 % of users will not use or need this particular feature
Receiver still looks great without the panel cap, Please see pics for this one area !

This is a incredibly feature packed receiver !

Tuning range: FM, MW
Power output: 80 x 2 watts rms @ 8 ohms stereo
600 watts peak power in total.
built in equalizer with 7 bands for left and right
10 tuner presets
speaker impedance selector (less than 8 ohm, more than 8 ohm )
phono input
cd input
aux in
tape 1 monitor, tape 2 monitor (in/out)
video 1 (in/out) use as aux input
video 2 (in) use as an aux input
Speaker selector A,B
(3) switched ac outlets on the rear panel
System Control I/O for use with compatible audio components
surround speaker output L,R
Headphone Jack

$160.00, pickup in Mississauga