Kenwood KR9600 Relay transistor?

hatman

Greetings, without your assistance my small collection of SS receivers would be very quiet. So thanks in advance for all the help and knowledge sharing I have enjoyed. And yes, I am having fun!

My KR9600 (#3), is playing fine and currently recapping. I improved Offset by replacing some Power Amp Bd. transistors. Also replaced Relays and will be adding a few mods that are already in my other units. Although I have the Service Manual, I am unsure which is the transistor for the Relays. I have heard on this forum that this is, to some, a recommended preventive replacement. My guess is transistor Qk14 (2SA743A) on Power Supply Board 'A'. I have attached one of EchoWar's schematics. Looks like the 'C' of Qk14 ends up at #2-'Power Relay Coil' (lower right) with 67V. But, I am guessing.

Attachments

• 9600_PS_A.jpg
    9600_PS_A.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38
That's correct. But if it's working OK, there isn't a lot of urgency to replacing the transistor...

Yep Q14 looks to be the relay driver.

Damn ....quicker at the keyboard

Thanks for the info. The board is accessible and I have a 2SA743A, so I will probably replace it. You guys are great!

Back
Top Bottom