Kenwood KX-4520 cassette deck - Need Help

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by Mistca77, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Mistca77

Mistca77 New Member

Just picked up a Kenwood KX-4520 cassette deck. It turns on, fast forwards and rewinds great. However, it doesn't PLAY (grrrrrrr). When I press play, it tries to advance, but then stops/gives up trying.

I read up online that it is most likely that the belts need to be replaced. I've never worked on a deck before, but would like to start to learn. I don't want to take the sucker apart until I'm sure that I want to go through with the expense.

I'm in the US and am having a tough time trying to figure out which belts I need. I found some belt kits online for the deck, but they are in Europe, and shipping is cost prohibitive.

It uses both a square belt and a flat belt.

I read that a 75.15 x 3.4 x 0.4 mm belt is one of the ones I need. Not sure if that's the square or flat belt. Not sure what the other belt size is.

I can't seem to find any parts lists or specifications for this model.

My head's spinning. Any help, even including pictures of the inside to see how the belts are supposed to look inside, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Please register to disable this ad.