kenwood l-05m

Yggdrasill

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone have an opinion of these monoblocks? Sound quality, other performance aspects? Thanks.

Anyone have an opinion of these monoblocks? Sound quality, other performance aspects? Thanks.

I have a pair. These amps don't get the attention that they deserve!
I just finished recaping them. Very impressive sounding! They can be a bit bright when they are mismatched with other stuff. You have some special amps there. :thmbsp:

Actually I don't have them, at least not yet. I do have some other Kenwood gear from the era - an Accuphase P-300 and a 600 Supreme, both recapped and restored by EchoWars. Technically I don't have the 600 yet, it's on its way back as we speak, but I have it in an abstract ownership type sense. :D

The L-05Ms I saw at the local vintage store. They carry a lot of vintage gear, always priced at the top of the range, but everything comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. So, it's possible to take something home, try it out, and take it back. This is the first high quality Kenwood gear I've seen there, and they look to be in nice shape. I'm pondering trying them out. :scratch2:

Actually I don't have them, at least not yet. I do have some other Kenwood gear from the era - an Accuphase P-300 and a 600 Supreme, both recapped and restored by EchoWars. Technically I don't have the 600 yet, it's on its way back as we speak, but I have it in an abstract ownership type sense. :D

The L-05Ms I saw at the local vintage store. They carry a lot of vintage gear, always priced at the top of the range, but everything comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. So, it's possible to take something home, try it out, and take it back. This is the first high quality Kenwood gear I've seen there, and they look to be in nice shape. I'm pondering trying them out. :scratch2:

So, did you buy those? I have the L-07mII's, which are basically the same amp but rated at 150 watts/ch. You won't regret if you buy them.

Back
Top Bottom