Kenwood M1 and C1

Chase

Kenwood M1 Amp and C1 Preamp for sale in my town, whats there reputation?

The set is selling for 250, along with some Mission M30i bookshelf speakers.

This thread probably belongs in Dollars and Sense because value is being discussed but......

The Kenwood Basic series has a pretty good reputation around here if you do some searching. I own several pieces from the Basic line-up and they are solid mid-fi performers. You can search E-Bay and see what the Kenwood gear is running but somewhere around $150 for the pair would be around the norm depending on condition. I am not familiar with the Mission speakers but if they normally run about a $100 a pair then I would say the $250 is right in line for that gear.

Sorry, I didnt mean to direct the thread in that direction, I just wanted to know the rep on these pieces, especially the kenwoods. Is there a step up from them? Is there a step below them?

Sorry, I didnt mean to direct the thread in that direction, I just wanted to know the rep on these pieces, especially the kenwoods. Is there a step up from them? Is there a step below them?

No step down from the M1 and C1. Step ups would be the M1D, M2 and the C2.

The M1 and C1 really are quite nice for the cash. Pretty robust designs. There is an inexpensive, relatively simple mod for the M1 (www.drmaudioht.com).

The M2 is a big step up in power and nicer sound, however the whole M1 line is strong. The C2 has more adjustment than the C1 but you could be happy w/ the M1/C1 combo.

Back
Top Bottom