1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood Model 600 Supreme - Looking for a Restorer

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by SoulMan4432, Nov 20, 2018.

1. SoulMan4432

SoulMan4432 New Member

Hi,

As the title states I have a Kenwood Model 600 Supreme. I've had it for a bit now and it was in good working condition but as all fully-original amps of that age tend to do, it has started having issues.

The Phono 1 input has seemed to go silent (Phono 2 works fine) and the left output channel seems to be having issues - it is weaker/quieter, full of static/noise, and almost seems to lag a little too. The right channel seems to be clear and crisp. I have tested all 3 speaker outputs, the headphone jack, and the pre output - the left channel exhibits the same behaviour no matter which output is used.

I am looking for someone, ideally experienced with Kenwood products (though not an absolute must if they are truly good at what they do) who does exceptional, full equipment restoration work (nothing aesthetic is needed, just the innards).

I'm fine with shipping it anywhere in North America and am looking for someone who can start sooner rather than later as some folks I have contact have waiting lists many years long. I would certainly prefer local if possible though!

Local = SE Michigan/Souther Ontario, but I am willing to drive a ways if necessary.

Hopefully this post is acceptable. All/any feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Thanks!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. quadklipsh

quadklipsh Super Member

My friend N can do it. Hes owns it too and happy to restore . Can you do this .... 1542786927937_0_15427868732728014732737513152040.png

3. SoulMan4432

SoulMan4432 New Member

I think Pakistan is a little far. Maybe if it was a very high dollar item and he was top in the world, but not for this amp unfortunately. Thanks though!

4. quadklipsh

quadklipsh Super Member

:Dofcourse .i was kidding.

5. SoulMan4432

SoulMan4432 New Member

Thought so, but you never know :p Maybe your friend can fly here and do it on-site ;)

6. quadklipsh

quadklipsh Super Member

But then he might settle there ;)..

7. mea2112

mea2112 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would highly recommend member Punker X. He is near Detroit if I remember correctly. He is second to none in my opinion!

His website is www.radioxtuners.com and his email is hifitech@comcast.net.

8. SoulMan4432

SoulMan4432 New Member

Thanks for the recommendation. Seems he mainly focuses on Tuners but does work on amps as well. I'll be sure to reach out and see what he can do. :)

9. mea2112

mea2112 AK Subscriber Subscriber

He did work on a Pioneer SX-1280 I owned so he can repair anything I'm sure.

10. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

I do stereo rehab, PM me if interested. I live just north of Toronto.
    From what I have read, I suggest that you do some switch contact cleaning with some deoxit D5, as that might fix your issues.
    There are numerous threads relating to switch cleaning.

gort69 likes this.
  11. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins AK Subscriber Subscriber

Another great resource in Ontario is leestereo. He is the author of many restore threads here, and if I had a Kenwood Supreme, I would send it to him. He does excellent work quickly, and yes, he has a backlog. If you are interested, contact him and find out when he could get to it. I loved the work he did on my McIntosh gear.

12. Captain581

Captain581 Active Member

I use a fellow named Eric located in Brampton Ontario who is excellent - a tad OCD with the work, to his credit. Everything job meticulously done; he documents the procedure with pictures & emails them to you as he completes the job.

I know Eric has done a few Kenwood Supremes; one for himself and a few for others. This was his daily driver last I saw him. For me, he has completely restored/recapped two 2270s, a 2230 and a Sansui 2000A. As well, he's done straight repairs for me & two of my buddies. We've all been more than happy. I include a few before/after pictures below for your assessment, and some from my trips to his place.

This is Eric's current ad on Kijiji:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Office:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The two 2270s Eric did for me:
    [​IMG]

13. Sound Dragon

Sound Dragon Yawns and sets his couch on fire! Subscriber

Times like this, I miss Glen, aka Echowars!

sdw54 likes this.
  14. macyjrm

macyjrm AK Subscriber Subscriber

I too miss Glen. Please refresh my memory. What happened to him?