Kenwood Model Eleven Timer Tutorial.

racfan9

Hey Everyone...Recently purchased this mint Model Eleven in great working condition including the timer. My question is about the timer and how to get it in the reset mode, do you turn it past the 120 mark to get to reset or do you turn it counter clockwise past the off setting? I've tried both ways using very little force and it doesn't want to turn. I'm afraid to use more force until I know for certain which way to turn it. All the manual says,"Is to put it in reset when not using the timer"

Thanks,
racfan9

Hey Everyone...Recently purchased this mint Model Eleven in great working condition including the timer. My question is about the timer and how to get it in the reset mode, do you turn it past the 120 mark to get to reset or do you turn it counter clockwise past the off setting? I've tried both ways using very little force and it doesn't want to turn. I'm afraid to use more force until I know for certain which way to turn it. All the manual says,"Is to put it in reset when not using the timer"

Thanks,
racfan9

Sorry about the quote but I’d love to know if you figured this out...

I have 9000 GX with the same timer

To Comfirm:
Kenwood KR-9000 GX timer

I fully wound it clockwise. Then, as gently as possible I rotated the dial back counter clockwise until the Reset indicator was aligned on to the top of the dial indicator. Mine seemed to stop here anyway. There was some resistance so I had been hesitant on prior attempts but this did move and now works in bypass mode.

Thanks for the info. I've been out of town since Mid-November so haven't been keeping up with AK. So I wound mine fully clockwise just now but when I try to go back counter clockwise it doesn't want to budge, and that was with a fair amount of force. I think i'll leave it as is for now, I'm planning on replacing the filter caps in a month or so then I'll take a closer look at the timer while I'm in there. Anyway glad you got yours working.

I have a Kenwood Model Eleven III receiver, the timer shaft coupler between the knob and timer was broken. I found one on ebay that someone is making with his 3D Printer (https://www.ebay.com/itm/265142378861). It works perfectly. The receiver manual states that this "timer switch is for the AC convenience outlet on the rear panel marked SWITCHED 200W is controlled by this switching circuit."

My problem is that the timer works however when it reaches the OFF position it does not turn off the switched AC outlet. I have cycled the switch from 120 minutes to Reset without any luck. The switched AC outlet does power off with the On/Off power switch but not with the timer. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom