Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by Retro Stereo, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Yamaha

Mr. Yamaha With Kenwood Subscriber

Hell yeah :music: It's a gem of a phono section.

Thanks, I'll have a look into that! It really sounds good already.

What can I say, it sounds very clean and detailed. The imaging is amazing. I had never heard anything like it. My last reference was VS. a Yamaha C-4, which I used with the B-2 before and last week after 4 months of L-1000C. The C-4 is nowhere, completely different league.

It's a shame it looks like this on the outside, but you'll get used to it :D It can be sourced for a reasonable price (say 450 - 600 € for a mint one).

And you can stay in you chair, it has a remote for volume and source change!

Burner and Eywadude like this.
  2. Strat_Fan

Strat_Fan New Member

Here's my new addition: KP-990. Researching carts right now, so any suggestions would be great. Going into a Marantz 2220b out through some Boston Acoustics CR9s.

[​IMG]

3. Airjmax

Airjmax New Member

Can anyone identify the speakers shown here? This is on CL right now, and I hope to get it, but I have no idea about the speakers.

Attached Files:

4. KeithD

KeithD Active Member

I have a KR-3200 I was given for free. It did not have its cover when I was given it, so I decided to make one myself, as I do woodworking as a hobby. Used 3/4 inch red oak and stained it with Minwax "walnut" stain. Not sure what color the original covers were, but I do like the dark wood look. I suspect the original case was 1/2 or 3/8 inch plywood, so this case may look a bit bulky compared to original. I "book matched" the two side pieces, cut from one board and then placed in a mirror image of each with the pattern of the end grain radiating outward. I like the effect.

KR3200 front.jpeg
    KR3200 left end.jpeg
    KR3200 right.jpeg

I ended up using window screening for the air vent area. It just made making the case easier.

KR3200 top.jpeg

After cleaning up the receiver I was so impressed by the sound that I purchased a KR-4200 that I found locally. It's all original, but doesn't look any different than the others posted here, so did not take a picture yet.

5. epifanatic

epifanatic acoustically suspended Subscriber

6. MER71

MER71 AK Subscriber Subscriber

20170922_151446.jpg Just arrived on Friday. My first Kenwood and first monster receiver.

komhst, JamVal, moejr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Goofyfoot201

Goofyfoot201 New Member

That's gorgeous

MER71 likes this.