Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

I've cobbled a semi coherent thought based on Theo's several posts and my own minor frustrations with gathering Kenwood info when I've desperately needed it. I agree that valuable posts disappear in the layers of the 'Karma' server and it would be very convenient to have a separate 'list' or links to important pages, i.e. Glenn's posts and the posts and picts of others.

At the same time I wouldn't want to segregate all the great info so that others may not 'discover' Supreme gear or other brands on their own. Let's preserve that journey for each new member/poster; I like the open nature of the site's architecture. Would it be possible to post a permanent sticky or page that has links to pages like Axel's site, Glenn's various posts and picts etc.? I also vote for an archive of model, serial number and perhaps a brief description of condition of AK members' units as the Sansui section has. Lastly, AK has a manual project and sections for parts swapping etc. so I don't see the need to replicate this. Let's keep it simple but accessible :thmbsp:

Geoff

2 Kenwood 600 integrateds and still very impressed !
PS- Let's add the L series gear as well!

Here's a thought;
We could start a thread with the title of 'Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread'.
The initial post could state:
"The aim of this thread is to collate all relevant information on the Kenwood Supreme Series.
There will follow in this thread,a series of titled posts which provide links to a database of secondary threads."

'What components qualify as Kenwood Supremes?'
'What is known about the history of the Kenwood Supremes?'
'Which AudioKarma members are owners of Kenwood Supreme components?'
'Where do I go for help troubleshooting my Kenwood Supreme component?'
'Recommended modifications for Kenwood Supreme components'
'Serial number database for Kenwood Supreme owners'
'How do Kenwood Supreme components compare to other TOTL items?'
'Suggested topics for inclusion in the Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread '
'Frequently asked questions about the Kenwood Supreme Series'
'Other websites with information about the Kenwood Supreme Series'

This is just a few ideas of the linked topical threads which could be contained within the initial 'Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread' post,and is not intended as the definitive list merely a discussion starter.

Perhaps the first thread which could be begun in this vein is the 'Suggested topics for inclusion in the Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread'

The 'Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread' would enable the database to be open to all AK members/lurkers,to be primarily informative,to enable new owners of Kenwood Supreme Series components and interested parties to be referred to a one-stop reference thread which will link to any relevant question/information that may be required.

I don't know whether these suggestions will meet with overall approval from everybody,but it would satisfy my concern that I don't want a separate forum/user's group.I just want to see the interest in these components to be freely available to any interested person.

More thoughts about my last post.

Each secondary thread included within the 'Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread, could have an initial post which states the specific nature of the particular thread,and tightly define which posts are required in that particular thread.
A possible initial post in the secondary threads could be worded like this;

This thread has been specifically instigated to investigate a particular topic within the 'Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread'
All other posts which do not fit the defined objective of the specific secondary thread can be referred back to the Reference Thread,and if the need of the viewer is not met by the Reference Thread a suggestion may be placed in the 'Suggested topics for inclusion in the Kenwood Supreme Series Reference Thread'.
Thank you for your cooperation.

I am the new owner of a 700c/700m combo. The 700m is up at EW's getting the treatment and the 700c is waiting patiently for it's appointment..:D

Congratulations Marantzfan!

You won't be disappointed. :no:
Please post on a separate thread(as we all have),your listening impressions.
We'd love to know what you think of them.:thmbsp:

I am the new owner of a 700c/700m combo. The 700m is up at EW's getting the treatment and the 700c is waiting patiently for it's appointment..:D

My second 700C will be making the trip to EW's the next time I need to go that way. Soon I hope.

Congratulations Marantzfan!

You won't be disappointed. :no:
Please post on a separate thread(as we all have),your listening impressions.
We'd love to know what you think of them.:thmbsp:

Marantzfan is destined to become Kenwoodfan.:D

You can also count me in. I own an overhauled/modified/rebuilt KA-907 and also an "upgraded" 700M and a yet to be reworked 700C. Let me know.

eheheh :D :D :D :D

Got a model 600, two months ago I repaired and sold another one, and today I won a 650 and a 650T on that famous auctions site.. :banana: Lucky me!

greets
Carlo

L-07M mk2 alive and kicking. I have quite a few service manuals, and I'm an audio technician.

Back
Top Bottom