Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

700C and 700M warm and comfy....

Well, all I have had time to do, since I brought the twins home, is:

1) Checked the DC offset on the amp...38mV on right; 47mV left...I'm ok with that.:yes:

2) Took covers off the 700C and replaced burned out Pilot Lamp.

3) Shot a few pics of my new arrivals.

I have not hooked the pair up to any speakers yet...my wife told me I was not allowed to move anything around until after Christmas...:no:

I'll have to pull the cover on the 700M and get some nude pics of it too...after Christmas.

Here are today's pics.. before I really clean the pair up. I am really happy with the faceplates and exteriors on both units:thmbsp:

Pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/zr1gary/Kenwood700CAndKenwood700M

Well, I'll report again after Christmas...:beerchug:

Well, all I have had time to do, since I brought the twins home, is:

1) Checked the DC offset on the amp...38mV on right; 47mV left...I'm ok with that.:yes:

2) Took covers off the 700C and replaced burned out Pilot Lamp.

3) Shot a few pics of my new arrivals.

I have not hooked the pair up to any speakers yet...my wife told me I was not allowed to move anything around until after Christmas...:no:

I'll have to pull the cover on the 700M and get some nude pics of it too...after Christmas.

Here are today's pics.. before I really clean the pair up. I am really happy with the faceplates and exteriors on both units:thmbsp:

Pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/zr1gary/Kenwood700CAndKenwood700M

Well, I'll report again after Christmas...:beerchug:
Hey,enjoy Christmas.
You've got some presents to open on Boxing Day. :thmbsp:
Nice gardens your house has got(very). :D
Well done.

Gary: Spectacular! You have the patience of Jobe to wait until after Christmas for a listen. Find the best pair of speakers you have and prepare yourself for bliss. The 700's reward great speakers and vice versa.

Thanks much for all the compiments!

Re. garden...My wife is the one with the green thumb.

I really would love to listen to these babies...but my wife will bury me in the garden if I mess the house up before Christmas.

Very nice Gary!

I too took the liberty of looking thorugh all the other pics on the site.

Great little thing you got going there! :yes: :thmbsp:

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Scott

Listening to the Supremes, at last!

Well, Christmas is over...I hope everyone had a great one...:thmbsp:

My wife finally allowed me to set up my new 700M and 700C...

All I had available to hook them to for now were a set of Cerwin Vega D7s and had to use the tuner the guy tossed into the trade...a Sansui T-80, which turns out to look and sound pretty good with just a short wire for antenna...my nearest FM station is ~50 miles away.

My, my, I must say....this sounds sooooo good! These are early results, but I suspect that my ~62 year old ears would have a difficult time hearing anything any nicer!

Last week I uncovered both units and did the normal double check for obvious problems, deox'd everything and must say that were VERY clean before I did any blowing, dusting, cleaning. Im certainly no Echo...but I did not see anything wrong...I guess time will tell.

Which reminds me, Glenn has my first 700M and I plan on picking it up in April...wonder how two of these would sound through the 700C?:scratch2:

Anyway....now I really know why all the glitter about this series and especially the 700C....

Im sure there are finer sytems out there, but I have what I want and think I'll keep 'em.

Here is set of pics, including my recent(listening) ones.
http://picasaweb.google.com/zr1gary/Kenwood700CAndKenwood700M

Thanks to all who responded and followed this quset of mine!:yes:

Spoke Too Soon...

Well, I now sooner finished my last post, when my neighbor stopped by to see the 700s....I was in the kitchen and heard him say...'wow this sounds good', 'will it crank?'...then he decided to help himself to the volume control and man....was it loud...I went over to where he was to turn it down and all of a sudden no sound!...I asked him what the crap he was doing,turning up that load and he said he only had it half way...

Whatever...it has NO SOUND now....lights work.....but no sound at all from the system.

I was really pissed..so he went home....

I have the worst luck with these things.....I hope it is somthing I can fix. I'm still saving up to pay Echo for the 700M he's fixing for me.....

Bad start to a new year:tears:

Ooops

Well...now I know ehy they put fuses in speakers:stupid:

I think I'll just go hide for awhile...:eek:

My advice, don't let your jackass neighbor touch it again..:D

Seriously though, I am looking for a second 700m also so that I can bi-amp my AR9's with pure Supreme power..So, if you should decide someday that two 700m's is too much......

Well, I now sooner finished my last post, when my neighbor stopped by to see the 700s....I was in the kitchen and heard him say...'wow this sounds good', 'will it crank?'...then he decided to help himself to the volume control and man....was it loud...I went over to where he was to turn it down and all of a sudden no sound!...I asked him what the crap he was doing,turning up that load and he said he only had it half way...

Whatever...it has NO SOUND now....lights work.....but no sound at all from the system.

I have the worst luck with these things.....I hope it is somthing I can fix. I'm still saving up to pay Echo for the 700M he's fixing for me.....

That man is very lucky he isn't my neighbour.He wouldn't be walking home after that incident.
Should I have restrained myself sufficiently,he wouldn't be coming back again soon.
Good to hear that you got to hear the 700s.
They deserve the best source component(s) you can afford.
You will be surprised when you get your amps back from EchoWars.
All the best for 2008. :thmbsp:

I would have kilt him.

Curious if anyone here bought this 600?
1400_1.JPG

Well...now I know ehy they put fuses in speakers:stupid:

I think I'll just go hide for awhile...:eek:

turn your source output down next time. that way he shouldn't hurt anything turning it all the way up.

I turn all of my sources about halfway down and even them out so one isn't really LOUD or too quiet when I switch between sources. it also prevents my friends from blowing something by tweaking a control 180 degrees.

I like having output controls on my tuner, CDP, etc. for this.

Once this same thing just about happened to me as it did to you--but I got lucky. like a perfect idiot, I left my source all the way up and cranked my precious Concept 16.5 to about 1/4 of the way up. it was already peaking at 120wpc on the meter. my friend saw how loud it was at only 1/4th and thought "why not try this". I caught him in time, but it was close.

Lucky this time...

You are right...I'll set the outputs...and better yet....keep that neighbor out of my listening area!:nono:

I was very luck...both fuses blew....so no harm...but if I had been using speakers without fuses????:scratch2:

That is the neighbor I call 'Griswold'....he is always doing somthing to his stuff and asking someone else to fix it....oh, wait sort of like I do:D

Well now that I replaced the fuses, I'll let my neighbor sweat for awhile....he already called me and said he would pay for any repairs....he's not a bad guy....just 'Griswold'....I'll tell him tomorrow that he owes me a beer for repairs....:beerchug:

Now I'll enjoy those Supremes....

I'd look for a couple of bass bins and the morning after Grizzy has had a few too many I'd see if it cranks (aimed at his house, of course). Good media for this is the 1812 Overture followed by anything by The Police.:D

Back
Top Bottom