KENWOOD SUPREME 600 question!

quadklipsh

hi all,
im planning to approach a guuy who owns a kenwood 600 . just wondering how good it really was . any comparisons any one has made or verdicts given ...im open to all info. thanks...
though i have a couple of other amps in my usage :
these are :
luxman l550x
sansui 9500
quad 303
marantz 2230
pioneer 9800
sansui 907 imos limited (sold)
and marantz pm-6

anyone can tell me where would a fully restored kenwood be when thrown into the above .

I have three Model 500s and one 600, the 500 & 600 are two of my favorite vintage amps.

If I had a chance to pickup another 600 I wouldn't hesitate

Can't speak to the comparison between the 600 and the amps in the list as I have owned neither any on the list or specifically a 600, however considering the great cut above build quality, renowned SQ and the relative rarity of these TOTL Kenwood Supreme models I think it would be worth a shot. If it didn't cut mustard it would be easy to sell considering its small but near cult following and demand factor.

hi all,
im planning to approach a guuy who owns a kenwood 600 . just wondering how good it really was . any comparisons any one has made or verdicts given ...im open to all info. thanks...
though i have a couple of other amps in my usage :
these are :
luxman l550x
sansui 9500
quad 303
marantz 2230
pioneer 9800
sansui 907 imos limited (sold)
and marantz pm-6

anyone can tell me where would a fully restored kenwood be when thrown into the above .
One of best integrated amplifier ever made only JFETs in pre amp highest build quality and very rare maybe less then 1000 made
Unless you already hear one you will have never hear an amplifier that sounds like this before!
: - )
JJ

Agree JJ, i am also totally impressed with my Kenwood Model 600. :rockon:. It will sound very good with a properly match speaker, in my case i like it when i played it with my TDL Studio Monitor.

Last edited:
Agree JJ, i am also totally impressed with my Kenwood Model 600. :rockon:. It will sound very good with a properly match speaker, in my case i like it when i played it with my TDL Studio Monitor.
You lucky I have had chance to hear but not to own ; - (
Maybe some day!
JJ

In my case, doesn't have to be properly matched... these units make any speaker sound just about the best I've ever heard them sound... at least all of my speakers anyway. ;) :thumbsup:

I've had a 500 and a 600. The 500 was restored, the 600 wasn't. I liked the 500 better. They only moved on because I found my dream setup, but I still sometimes regret selling them.

I think the closest competitor of the list you gave would be the quad 303. I've never owned a quad 303, but my brother in law did. It influenced me a great deal in my search for 'the sound'.

I actually have a mc-2205 matched with a pair of kef concerto's and I think the supreme 500 sounded better with the concerto's. I also had a Yamaha M-40 that sounded pretty close.

A beautiful amp, the 500 and 600!

I've had a 500 and a 600. The 500 was restored, the 600 wasn't. I liked the 500 better. They only moved on because I found my dream setup, but I still sometimes regret selling them.

I think the closest competitor of the list you gave would be the quad 303. I've never owned a quad 303, but my brother in law did. It influenced me a great deal in my search for 'the sound'.

I actually have a mc-2205 matched with a pair of kef concerto's and I think the supreme 500 sounded better with the concerto's. I also had a Yamaha M-40 that sounded pretty close.

A beautiful amp, the 500 and 600!
500 and 600 same amp same parts only 500 little less power small changes
Same amp so funny you like 500 better?
JJ

How do you find the sound of Model 600 compare with MC 2205? Does it sound very different?? never heard a Mac equipment before.

It depends on what speakers I use. Most of my speakers now are 4 ohm speakers and the mc2205 has a low damping factor. On the bigger speakers, the bass is not as well controlled. However, the concerto's sound great with both. If I use the 500 to drive them, the 500 has a bit of an edge. But not so much that I would replace the mc2205. If I compare the MC2205 to my Bose 1801, the Bose wins hands down with the kef 105s.

wow guys. keeping rolling those comments.
i am trying to get in touch with that owner of the 600. heres another thing that just came up.
a marantz pm-8 came . and i was not expecting that an unrestored 8 would be this good.
now im also interested in this pm8 and would love to have experienced opinions between the pm-8 and the 600.

Back
Top Bottom