Kenwood VR 400s What Are The Difference Between The Models??

DJboutit

Kenwood VR 406 407 409 410 what is the differece between these models??

I know the 406 does not have aux inputs on the back and the second knob on the front the rest have these 2.

Last edited:
The VR-410 uses RF (radio frequency) to control the receiver. It is a fairly full featured leaning remote. Includes Circle Surround, six-channel analog inputs and six-channel line level analog outputs.

The VR-409 uses IR (infrared) to control the receiver. It is a fairly full featured leaning remote. Includes Circle Surround and six-channel analog inputs. The six-channel analog line level outputs are dropped.

The VR-407 does not have six-channel line level outputs and uses a less sophisticated IR remote. No Circle Surround. Includes six channel analog input.

The VR-406 does not have six-channel line level outputs and uses a less sophisticated IR remote. No Circle Surround. Includes six-channel analog input. S-Video inputs are dropped.

The VR-405 drops the six-channel analog inputs and the phono inputs.

Note: the Kenwood VR-500 series units pick up Dolby Pro-Logic II. The VR-400 series only include Dolby Surround.

What about these models V6030D V7030D V8030D??
I believe that those receiver are the non-North American versions of Kenwood receivers.

KRF V8030D is the European version of the Kenwood VR-409 witch includes the learning remote control
KRF V7030D includes dts digital audio capabilities, front panel Video / Audio inputs. No learning remote.
KRF V6030D no dts digital, no front panel AV inputs, no learning remote.

Of all of these models which 2 or 3 are the best??
Good question. The answer depends on how you intend to use them. Are you going to use them for 2-channel stereo only or 5.1 surround sound. Music system only or Video / music system? What other components will you use with them? DVD, Blu-ray, CD, tape deck, phono? Depending on your answers to those questions, I will be able to give you better advice.

If you will be using them in 5.1 surround sound setup and want to synthesize 5.1 channel sound from 2.0 sources, I recommend the VR-5XX series over the VR-4XX series because Dolby Pro-Logic II is added, a very worthwhile feature, IMO.

Recommended:
1. VR-510 RF learning remote
2. VR-509 RF learning remote
3. VR-507 IR remote​

The 500 series does not have a phono preamp which of the ones I asked about are the best I need a phone preamp??

If you look on page 10 of the first link 507 you will see the phono connections. I have owned VR-507 and VR-509 and I can assure you, based on my personal experience, they both have phono inputs. According to the manual the VR-510 also has a phono input.

Attachments

• Kenwood VR-507 Phono.pdf
    363.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom