Kimber kable Hero Logo

Rob-F

Likes Vintage Gear and DIY
The sleeve on my Hero Kimber cables has a directional arrow at the "Kable" end. I have seen Hero advertised on the web with a plausible looking Kimber logo, except there is no directional arrow. I wonder: did Kimber drop the concept of making this cable directional? Or could the missing arrow be an omission that means the cable is counterfeit?

I looked at all the Hero cables currently on eBay. Only a few have the arrow design on the shrink sleeve, matching the example on the Kimber website. Most of them do not! So either most of the Kimber Hero on eBay is counterfeit, or else Kimber changed their design at some point. I believe Hero is shielded, in which case the directional arrow would suggest that the shield is grounded at the source end, and floating at the destination end. If the non-arrow examples are legitimate, it would seem to suggest that Kimber stopped treating the shield differently at one end than the other. But then again, the directional arrow may have nothing to do with how the shield is connected, because I took a look at my PBJ cables, and they have the directional arrow, even though there's no difference in the ground connections at the two connectors. The red is hot at both ends, and the black and blue are grounded at both ends. So I can see no reason for the arrow. I'll have to wait and see if someone who knows for sure will weigh in.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my pair of Hero, they have the directional arrow. I don't know how old they are though.

Attachments

• IMG_4715.JPG
    IMG_4715.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 38
I have never seen a directional arrow on Kimber's Hero cables and mine are legit and don't have it.

IMG_2136.jpg IMG_2133.jpg IMG_2134.jpg IMG_2135.jpg

Back
Top Bottom