King Kong Anyone Seen It?

2DualsNotEnough said:
Naomi Watts gets on my nerves.Shes a fine actress,but shes always complaining about doing serious work,then she does King Kong and the Ring movies and Le Divorce.Just wants it both ways,methinks.
Jimmy
Not to sound too crude, but 'd love to give it to Naomi both ways. ;)

2DualsNotEnough said:
Im an absolute movie fanatic(Im going to another one tonight,in fact),and Ive been waiting for King Kong a long time,but when I kept hearing about giant bugs,giant spiders,and giant worms,I decided to pass-a dena on this one.I just can deal with movies about bugs.
jimmy

Then stay away because even with a PG rating and no blood the bug part of this movie made me cringe more than the blood soaked, torture movie Hostel did :yes:

I plan on seeing this again with my boy but I will stay in the lobby playing video games for the first 30mins or so then I will go in ;)

LOL imagine when the King Kong special edition, extended, uncut, recut, directors edition with added footage ala LOTRs version comes out on DVD, it will be like 4hrs long :yikes:

THOR said:
LOL imagine when the King Kong special edition, extended, uncut, recut, directors edition with added footage ala LOTRs version comes out on DVD, it will be like 4hrs long :yikes:

You never know, Jackson may just decide it IS too much and cut it down to 90 mins. :D

LOTRs never seemed like 3 hrs to me but Kong did, of course I was squeezed into an uncomfortable seat in a crowded theater late at night, so I'll give it another chance on DVD.

Eric H said:
You never know, Jackson may just decide it IS too much and cut it down to 90 mins. :D

LOTRs never seemed like 3 hrs to me but Kong did, of course I was squeezed into an uncomfortable seat in a crowded theater late at night, so I'll give it another chance on DVD.

Oh I agree I prefer all the extended versions of LOTR's I feel they all added to the story and fleshed out some of the characters.

King Kong is definetely on my buy list when it comes out should be awesome for showing off the HT ;)

Actually, I LOVED the first hour. The attention to detail in recreating the 30's was just amazing. If you ever wondered what NY felt like during the depression, this movie brings it to life.
Actually, I loved the whole damn movie. Heck of a great ride.
Erik

Okay, I admit to seeing it on opening day, maybe even before Thor. Setting aside the thought that I was in a theater watching a movie about a 50ft. tall gorilla, I thought a lot was hokey, a lot was good. In the the Valley of the Cockroaches, guys are firing automatic weapons at each other from point-blank range, and only the bugs are getting hit. Hokey. On the other hand, the aerial footage of the bi-planes was incredible.

In summary, nothing still comes close to the original 1933. I've heard that if we got to see the original on a theater size screen, instead of the TV size one, you'd never, ever, consider going to see a re-make.

I will say my back hair is more realistic than the CGI back hair on Kong :yes: But only barely ;)

I finally saw it yesturday, thought it was pretty good.

One observation is, I felt the sound was lacking quite a bit, no?

Toasted Almond said:
Forget the hair. The big difference between you two is that Kong couldn't get down and get funky. That's important.

That is true I do have skills ;) At least when I'm hammered :thmbsp: Speaking of being hammered when you getting shipped out to Bangor again?

As soon as I can brother. We're going to Dysarts. Remember?

The last time we sent an airplane up there was the time you got whatever I sent you, and you got to meet Steve.

Aren't we gonna have some Goslings first? Dysarts always tastes better at about 2am ;)

Back
Top Bottom