Kitchen update

RickeyM

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
It all started with my wife informing me "The 'fridge is going bad. It's freezing all the food". I say what happens when you turn it down? She says it still does it, it's 18yrs. old and we can use more space. Long story short, we're getting a new 'fridge. Then she says she'd really like one of those six burner ranges. I dodged that bullet because we don't have the space, but they did have some pretty nice modern ranges. Now it's my turn. "Honey, I like this one with the built in griddle".

Word of caution: If you have somebody with OCD (me :biggrin: ) and free time and you don't reel 'em in right away, fuggetabout it. Sooo, what started as a just new fridge has become-
New fridge
New range
Range hood
Matching ceiling fan
New sink & faucet
Refinish the washing machine to a stainless steel finish (yeah, it's in the kitchen)
Marble look countertop covering
Repaint & hardware upgrade on cabinets

Once things get rolling, I'll post some pics.

:) aside from a couple of tiles that need replacing, the flooring is in good shape.
Do you have spares because if you don't you'll never find them again or if you do they'll be a different die lot (won't match what you have)? Also, there is a right and wrong way to replace damaged tiles. Before chipping out bad tiles cut out all the grout surrounding the tile to be removed or you'll be damaging the tiles next to it. Just so you know I installed tile for a living for over 30 years. ;)

These are vinyl tiles and I found a box of them in the basement when we moved in years ago.

Sounds like she let you off cheap. Right now my wife is getting estimates for a complete kitchen makeover. She tried telling me last weekend it would only be about 15K, I'm not buying that. Cabinets and counter top will probably eat up most of that. But as all you married guys know, it's cheaper to keep her.

I just finished this routine about a year ago. Of course I am single and I do it one step at a time over 15 years!:banana:
Darn that must mean its time to start the whole process over! :whip:

Just about everything done except painting the kitchen cabs and backsplash. De-greasing the cabinets near the stove is a real PITA. A bit of light sanding and a lotta masking things off, and it's paintin' time.

Last edited:
Marble counter top? Nope, that's a faux marble vinyl covering.
i-VSbtJK2-M.jpg

Last edited:
The new knobs for the cabs came with two sets of screws. One set too short and one set too long :mad:

i-nVL8DKd-M.jpg
i-6rQBwfQ-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom