Kl-888d

tcaster

I aquired three of these in great shape and was wondering what you folks thought of them.
I also got a Kenwood 6340 quad receiver so I was either looking for another KL- 888D to make four or possibly finding someone who needed one and keep two. Any info appreciated,Cheers.

I own a pair and use them in the rec room at my wife's work. It's a big room and the speakers sound great in it powered by a 60wpc receiver. With a good vintage receiver they are among the best sounding of the "Kabuki" speakers.

I used to own two pair but I sold one pair - they were absolutely mint - for $350 with local pickup. The buyer drove almost 500 miles round trip to pick them up. He said he'd been looking for a nice pair for a long time.

They are heavy at almost 60 pounds per unit!

I always loved the d model as well. Many people talk this style speaker down and rag on the 888 and 777 but I think the d model is special. They make other 888 but these were great when I bought them new in '78 or '79. Had the cops called over plenty of times also. Oh yea, they look very nice too.

What does the D (or A etc ) after the numbers stand for?
Mine have white/lighter cones and aluminum dustcaps unlike the pictures of some of the other models I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom