KLH 5's I just got

TENER

I just got these yesterday and I hooked them up to my 35w Technics SA8000X and I am very impressed! Even though the tweeters are not working they sound pretty nice. I think I just need to rebuild the crossovers and they will work again. You definitely don't need a sub woofer with these, They vibrated the floor on low volume! I am going to rebuild these for sure!!

Attachments

• CIMG3758.JPG
    CIMG3758.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 36
  • CIMG3759.JPG
    CIMG3759.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG3751.JPG
    CIMG3751.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG3752.JPG
    CIMG3752.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
  • CIMG3753.JPG
    CIMG3753.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 36
One speaker that I haven't owned yet. KLH 5's are definitely on my search list. I have heard very few (of maybe it's no) speakers that Henry Kloss breathed on that I didn't like!

Play with the adjustments too on the back and listen carefully for the tweeters to come to life. Otherwise yes, probably an old cap.

You stole those!
The Fives were designed to compete with the AR3a, so they sit in good company. Once restored, they are great speakers.
Besides the recap, get the woofer surround sealer from eBay seller vintage-ar. It was developed to be as close to the original factory sealer as you can get. Usually one thin coat on the woofer surrounds and dust cap, and on the mids surrounds is all that's needed. You will hear a substantial bass improvement.
Your cabs look pretty good, and a light sanding and a couple applications of Watcos natural color oil with make the wood glow. If you're really anal like me, badges are on fleabay.
Cheers, Glenn

You stole those!
The Fives were designed to compete with the AR3a, so they sit in good company. Once restored, they are great speakers.
Besides the recap, get the woofer surround sealer from eBay seller vintage-ar. It was developed to be as close to the original factory sealer as you can get. Usually one thin coat on the woofer surrounds and dust cap, and on the mids surrounds is all that's needed. You will hear a substantial bass improvement.
Your cabs look pretty good, and a light sanding and a couple applications of Watcos natural color oil with make the wood glow. If you're really anal like me, badges are on fleabay.
Cheers, Glenn

Thanks. I have already started looking for another badge lol.

Back
Top Bottom