KLH Model 6V Virtuoso- Worth going for?

Texas42

I have a shot at a pair of local KLH's allegedly in really nice condition. I know next to nothing of these speakers (lots on the model 6's but not the 6V's). Anyone have any knowledge on these? Are they worth pursuing? What would be a fair price for a pair? Any info appreciated...

Regards,

Dave

Well, kind of answered my own question after looking through some old Audio Magazine Annual Equipment directory. The Virtuoso 6V was manufactured in 1991. If has a 4.5" midrange, a 1" dome tweeter, and two 6.5" woofers. Freq response is listed as 29hz-29khz + or - 3db. Sensitivity is 88db. Listed for $1550 per pair.

They were close so I went ahead and jumped on them, brought them home and wiped them down real well and just hooked them up. They sound great! Wow, can't believe the luck! Each grill was missing one of the four grill pegs but they stay in fine and look better without the grills anyway. The finish has a few scratches here and there but still look quite attractive. Here's a pic of them I just took.

Attachments

• klh6v pic.jpg
    klh6v pic.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 55
my mom has a pair of KLH speakers that has two 12" woffers i guess the one is just a passive reflector. i remember she bought her in the 90's i am not even sure the model number but she still has them and she has two sets of Mach Two's from radio shack also with 15" woffers that she bought new.

Back
Top Bottom