klh,turntable power..

klhdude

im way older than most here,an the best sound i heard for many years from mid 1960,s to about 15 years ago was a pretty fresh klh model 20 with its great speakers,now i have 2 model 24,s an got stupid an sold my model 20.am listening thru it right now and my ar2ax speakers. one model 24 is for sale,an this one has both working channels,but needs some refreshing for sure.who makes the best klh turntable for power etc.i read the model 20 is about 50 watts per channel,then i heard about half that.there loud for sure,big huge analog sound..the best. i came across a guy with a model 34,an i heard that model 35 was the best an maybe one of the last,but ,at 40 watts per channel,is the model 24 the strongest.? or the model 20? anyone,and no i dont do 8 inch speakers at all.i wont go smaller than 10..my ar 2ax is about the best i have heard period,an im over 60 and have seen an heard an had everything through the mid 1960,s or so..dont neve rever knock cerwin vega at 10 speakers.mine are 1991 model,refoamed.wow..but ar,s are more focused and you hear more through them..talk to me about this power thing someone,hard to find info on old rare klh stuff that we never hear about like model 34 an 35,an maybe theres even more,but better or what...????

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 20
Seriously, the KLH 20 could have 50 watts per channel only by the IHF peak method. Imaginary High Fidelity. The 20 was their best compact system in whatever iteration. They never really talked about power IIRC. Look at the back where the power line and current/voltage requirements are. Power consumption is stated, which usually means maximum. It does not mean power output.

Kindly consider posting with a couple paragraph breaks. On the net it is very difficult to follow run-on phrasing.

Good luck with your search?

The best KLH friendly direct drop in fit Garrard changer would be a nice rebuilt AT6. This changer can also accept Garrard headshells and track around 2.5 grams reliably and the automatic trip work correctly.

The best phono system KLH offered was the Model Thirty-Five as you mentioned, and yes it was at the very tail end of the phono system trend. It had a Dual turntable and a more powerful amplifier designed to drive KLH Model Six speakers (I believe it was sold as a package with a pair of vinyl clad Sixes). They are pretty rare though, mostly because they were damned expensive when new and the trend at the time was moving away from compact phono systems and more towards monster receivers.

I probably wouldn't drive AR2ax speakers to any high volume level with a Model Twenty-Four phono system, it's a pretty low powered unit. Even the Model Twenty (as amazingly good as it sounds) has a fairly low powered amplifier by most standards. I believe the amp section in the Twenty is something along the lines of around 15~20 wpc RMS tops which is why they use 4 ohm speakers (to wring out every bit of power available). More watts doesn't always equal better sound though as Henry proved to us over and over again with his great designs. I do wish those phono systems used silicon based transistors instead of germanium ones, but they are things of beauty nonetheless.

ok..i dont believe that,but we all know also how strong a 2220 or 2230 marantz is..mate it to my cerwin vega at10,s an you have a monster

put it thru the ar2ax,an you have a beautiful different kind of pure listening sound with huge punch,tight bass an all the best of everything

the vegas do more with less wattage,an bring down the house nearly with a model 24,klh..or the model 20,and with my 93 watt per channel onkyo is massive..but 2 different kinds of sound..the better is of course..anything through acoustic research........thanx guys,an whoever..i found a klh model 34 i wana get..dont i..

found plenty of wonderful things except,do i really wanna rob a friggin bank at 62 years old..just for more good sounds..i dont think so tim..lol..i,ll never forget my sister dancing to creedence clearwater revival..on the really fresh model 20,with its own speakers 10 inch woofers..late 1960s etc..it sounded like the band was in the room also......still incredible..sounds so good you can listen to musick you hate,an like it,like the police,or duran duran etc..wow.........

Back
Top Bottom