Klipsch center channel connundrum??????

ccawker

OK,here we go.....................i just replaced my fronts with Klipsch Hereseys and so my center channel(Klipsch SC C1) is not cutting it anymore.I am thinking of using a pair of Klipsch KSB 3.1s and running them in a series for the center.Can i do this????I can just use 1 of these speakers i suppose which would be better than what i have now,but 2 might be better?????
I was looking for maybe a KG2 for this as i had a pair and seems to me it would make the grade,or even another Heresey.Hard to find single speakers anymore.But i am trying to use what i have otherwise the pickings are a little thin on various sites and i am not buying new.

Any thoughts??????

You can click on the "Report" button at the bottom of your post and ask a mod to delete it.

:thumbsup:

I don't know why you would want to use a pair of speakers for a Center channel so I can't advise for it...a single kg2 is voiced closer to you Heresys than any of the other speakers you have mentioned but still is not a match...you don't want to use a dedicated Center speaker like an Academy or KLF-C7???...

Heresy is the best choice...hard to find a single Heresy
In my experience, the KLF-C7 Center beats an Academy but they are a good 2nd and third choice...a bit spendy/3-400 usually but easier to find
A single kg2 would work next of the speakers you already own but may need a boost as they are only 90.5dB efficient...you already own them
no idea after that point...but I wouldn't use a KSB 3.1 as they are far different in voicing

If you don't use the first or second (and third) choice listed above, have you tried using your Heresys with a phantom center channel???...using just 2 speakers (Heresys) and having your HT receiver/prepro create a center from the Heresys???

Good luck,

Bill

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

Amp negative to negative on first speaker, positive on that speaker to negative on second speaker and then positive on that speaker to amp positive.

Remember the front 3 speakers should always be identical to prevent any change in sound quality when effects and voices move from Stage left to Stage right. I wouldn't hesitate to use larger models for the center with the same mid and tweeters how ever. One of my favorite Klipsch systems had 5 and eventually 7 Herseys. The customer used two. SW 15 subs. Remember you never place speakers connected side by side. They never add perfectly and the slightest movment of your head will cause severe anomalies in the reproduction of sound. Imaging will shift radically if you sit slightly off center , too.

Last edited:
I use a pair of Hersey’s next to each other has my center channel in parallel. Forte 2s are the left and right. They sound fantastic!

although the single Heresy III will be MUCH more than a pair of the Heresys you could buy to match what you have...and you could sell the other one to recoup some of your outlay...

Bill

although the single Heresy III will be MUCH more than a pair of the Heresys you could buy to match what you have...and you could sell the other one to recoup some of your outlay...

Bill

Very true! But there something to be said for "click...done!" (sometimes)

Back
Top Bottom