Klipsch Heresys

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by martind28, Apr 17, 2018.

1. martind28

martind28 Member

Hello all.. I'm a bit new to vintage stuff, was wondering if the old Heresys and Heresy 2 speakers are as good as/ better than other speakers, just read an article about them. Wondering if they would be ok with my Pioneer SX737

Please register to disable this ad.

2. vaathi

vaathi baski Subscriber

vintage Heresy speakers are indeed good speakers and go well with tube equipment. Pioneer SX737 should be around 35 and Heresy being efficient speakers, works well with lowe powered receiver.

3. martind28

martind28 Member

Thanks for your input, I thought it would be cool to have some vintage speakers to go with my receiver

4. Hajidub

Hajidub Chihuahua/Pug = Chug Subscriber

Martin using the search function on the site will bring you enough Heresy reading to last a lifetime. Keep in mind the bass does not extend that low on Heresy's and might require a powered subwoofer to make up the difference (depending on your musical taste).

5. efzauner

efzauner Member

There is plenty of bass really for most music other than electronic and some extreme low acoustic notes. A Bass guitar low end is about 60 Hertz. Listen before you judge them.

6. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

Yep, placed on the floor about 6" from the front wall and the bass will be rather robust. My bedroom pair work nicely with the little 35 watt Kenny integrated driving them.

The Heresy is a great speaker, there's a reason they've been in production for so long virtually unchanged. Personally I prefer the series 1 but each series has their devotees.

Please register to disable this ad.