Klipsch KG series?

jaymanaa

RIP 1961-2018
Hi all, I've heard of 2s and actually heard some 4s, but didn't even know they had a KG3. I stumbled on a pair today and was wondering if they are worth grabbing. The 4s I heard were being powered by an SX950 (that EW had worked on) and using vinyl for the source. I thought they were very nice at lower volumes. Would the 3s be a lot different sound? Also, are they very room dependent? The cabs are a little scratched up but not too bad, and the guy assured me that all the drivers work (they look very good). I could probably get them for a c note, but I don't really need speakers anywhere, but of course, I have the sickness.:D Any advice is appreciated, Jay

I have the sickness.

It's contagious.:D

Lemme say this, at the risk of offense. I prefer the sound of the KG 4 over the Heresy. You'll probably find them more laid back in the mids than the Heresy, knowing your listening tastes.

The KG 3 has one 8" woofer and a baffle mounted 10" PR compared to the KG 4s twin 8" drivers and rear mounted 12" PR. The KG 3 has a shallower enclosure. The horns are slightly different, also. They should sound fairly similar, and according to Klipsch, they dig about 2dB deeper than the KG 4.

They will sound better positioned within a foot of two from the back wall.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kg-3.aspx

i once had a pair of KG1.2's and they are still going strong in one of my friend's system, regret selling them but i sold them for what i bought them for and used them for almost 10 years.... always been a klipsch fan!

My KG 2's sound great, and did have a pair of KG 3.5's (horn loaded), which sounded fantastic too.

Klipsch makes an excellent speaker in my opinion. I would avoid the home theater line though, due to resale value.

Love at first listen

Have a pair of KG4's. Love them. On the prowl for another pair. Will use for home theater set up. Center channel TBD. Although I have seen single KG4's come up for sale occasionally.

I have a pair of KG3's in my garage setup stacked on some Pioneer 3-ways running on a Sansui 8080. I like the combination. I also have a pair of KG1's in the bedroom powered by a Yamaha 700 receiver. Then there are the Heresy's I bought new in 1980 in the living room. The rest of the Klipsch are finished off with Promedias for the puter. It's probably safe to say I'm a Klipsch fan.

Back
Top Bottom