1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Klipsch KLF-10 with Bob Crites Upgrade WOW

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by vintageboy, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:40 PM.

1. vintageboy

vintageboy Chicago HiFi Subscriber

Finally I got them today and did the upgrade, wow what a difference - day and night.
    It takes about 10 mins and for anyone that has Klipsch speakers, please do the upgrade, there will be 0 regrets.

Here are few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thumper69 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. moray james

moray james Super Member

Just imagine switching to a large format driver with more than half as much less distortion as a small format driver and here you are using a tiny one inch diaphragm with even more distortion (about twice as much) than a small format compression driver. You could even consider a larger horn to lower the point at which your polar response is held under control. That's why bigger is always better. This change is a good example of what a small improvement can do for your listening enjoyment.

vintageboy likes this.
  3. avguytx

avguytx AK Subscriber Subscriber

Is there any way you could make your listening area any wider and not so confined to the speakers only being 2 feet apart or so? I guess a person has to work with the space given but that's going to always be a limiting factor in the performance of the KLF series speakers with the rear firing ports as are most all rear ported speakers. Is there a "long wall" in the room where you could have them, say, 8 to 10 feet apart?

4. vintageboy

There is no other place i can put them :(
    Not so much space in the basement

5. avguytx

avguytx AK Subscriber Subscriber

So what's the size of this area that you're using? How far do you sit from the speakers? There almost becomes a point of diminishing returns in going much larger with speakers within certain listening distances and room sizes.

vintageboy likes this.
  6. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad you are loving the sound!

May larger spaces come your way soon. :bigok:

vintageboy likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. vintageboy

It is like 20x15
    I where you see the speakers, i sit on the other side
    I love how they sound