Klipsch KLF-10 with Bob Crites Upgrade WOW

vintageboy

Chicago HiFi
Finally I got them today and did the upgrade, wow what a difference - day and night.
It takes about 10 mins and for anyone that has Klipsch speakers, please do the upgrade, there will be 0 regrets.

Here are few pics:

2chsu49.jpg

n35jbk.jpg

sookrp.jpg

Just imagine switching to a large format driver with more than half as much less distortion as a small format driver and here you are using a tiny one inch diaphragm with even more distortion (about twice as much) than a small format compression driver. You could even consider a larger horn to lower the point at which your polar response is held under control. That's why bigger is always better. This change is a good example of what a small improvement can do for your listening enjoyment.

Is there any way you could make your listening area any wider and not so confined to the speakers only being 2 feet apart or so? I guess a person has to work with the space given but that's going to always be a limiting factor in the performance of the KLF series speakers with the rear firing ports as are most all rear ported speakers. Is there a "long wall" in the room where you could have them, say, 8 to 10 feet apart?

Is there any way you could make your listening area any wider and not so confined to the speakers only being 2 feet apart or so? I guess a person has to work with the space given but that's going to always be a limiting factor in the performance of the KLF series speakers with the rear firing ports as are most all rear ported speakers. Is there a "long wall" in the room where you could have them, say, 8 to 10 feet apart?

There is no other place i can put them :(
Not so much space in the basement

So what's the size of this area that you're using? How far do you sit from the speakers? There almost becomes a point of diminishing returns in going much larger with speakers within certain listening distances and room sizes.

So what's the size of this area that you're using? How far do you sit from the speakers? There almost becomes a point of diminishing returns in going much larger with speakers within certain listening distances and room sizes.

It is like 20x15
I where you see the speakers, i sit on the other side
I love how they sound

Wait, the room is 20 x 15 and that is how much room they occupy. What am I/we missing here. Let those puppies breathe!

What's the market on the KLF20's these days. Some listed here for $700.

Wait, the room is 20 x 15 and that is how much room they occupy. What am I/we missing here. Let those puppies breathe!

What's the market on the KLF20's these days. Some listed here for $700.

I got them for cheap but they go around $1K

It's easy for us to tell someone else how to arrange their room..... so here's my thoughts.

Could you put them on the adjacent wall to the right and rotate your position 90 degrees? (I'm presuming right wall is wider)

Irrespective of your thoughts & answer.... great that you're loving them!!

Sometimes "honk" is good honk!!

Back
Top Bottom