Klipsch KSB 3.1 speakers, any thoughts?

chasaboo

I have a chance to get a pair of them and I think I would like them for a small space and a low power tube amp.

Any thoughts out there on the 3.1 speakers?

Thanks for your help.

I had pairs of both the KSB-2.1 and KSB3.1. I purchased the 2.1 first and really enjoyed them. I purchased the 3.1 thinking the 8" woofers and larger cabinet would provide more bass. I was surprised to discover I liked the 2.1s much better. They seemed better balanced and looked great in their Rosewood finish. I eventually sold both pairs to the same person. I'd buy a pair 2.1 again.

I've had 1.1 and 3.1 in my truck & like both. Never tried them inside but sound great in the truck!

I have a pair of the 3.1s. Outstanding sound, I run them with my vintage Pioneer SA-8800 amp. Here is a video I did a while back with my speakers (KSB 3.1s included)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMN70zZIg0

Thank you for the advice and the video! On your recommendation I bought a pair and wow I'm loving them. It turned out the previous owner treated them beautifully so not a mark on them and he threw in a great pair of stands as well.

The speakers give beautiful detail and excellent bass. I listen to mostly classical music and they do it all so well. Plus I can use my tube amp with them as they are quite efficient. Great bang for the buck and dare I say a nice entry level speaker for Klipsch.

So freaking happy! :thmbsp:

Thank you for the advice and the video! On your recommendation I bought a pair and wow I'm loving them. It turned out the previous owner treated them beautifully so not a mark on them and he threw in a great pair of stands as well.

The speakers give beautiful detail and excellent bass. I listen to mostly classical music and they do it all so well. Plus I can use my tube amp with them as they are quite efficient. Great bang for the buck and dare I say a nice entry level speaker for Klipsch.

So freaking happy! :thmbsp:

I'm glad you are happy with the 3.1s, and that we were able to help influence your decision to get them. Enjoy!

I just picked up a set and really like them. They're doing home theater duty as fronts, hooked up to an Integra DTR-5.9. SOund good for either home theater or 2 channel.

They sound pretty good. The best thing about them is their efficiency(94dB). What I don't like about them is the plastic front baffle. The worst thing about them is that at a certain frequency I kept hearing a weird vibration and it turned out to be the crossover circuit board rattling. The crossover is attached to the binding post cup and hangs down inside the cabinet at an angle and is almost touching the end of the port on the inside. If you look inside the port you can actually see the circuit board. Since the crossover is only attached on one end to the plastic cup it will move up and down from the opposite end. So bass will make it resonate and you will hear that coming out of the port. The solution would be to detach the crossover from the terminal cup and mount it to a better location(like the inside bottom or back of the cabinet) and then solder wires from the terminal cup to the crossover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom