Klipsch KSP-400 value?

audiodogster

I am looking at a pair of Klipsch KSP-400 tomorrow, what should I offer? They're finished in mahogany and have some nicks but pictures look pretty good. The seller also has the matching center

Woofers didn't seem to have issues, veneer was separating at the bottom due to moisture from a burst pipe (part of the reason they were for sale). Missing the grills but not really a worry for me. I also got the matching center channel and a pair of Mirage bookshelfs as surrounds plus stands for $425. I assume that's not too bad of a deal.

XXw5ka9.jpg

I guess now I'm technically running a 2.4 setup (the center isn't hooked up). Sounds pretty good, I need to get the bass blended together properly.

I would say that is a fantastic deal. I have a black pair of KSP-400's and they don't sound like any other klipsch I have listened to. I paid a similar price from someone who just wanted to get rid of them because they were moving. The weight of them is rather surprising....very solid build.
They are quite a different animal.... but if you are selling-- unfortunately not alot of people recognize the value of these so the resale doesn't seem to be that high. But if you're buying....and you look hard enough, you may be able to find a pair at a very reasonable price. My opinion is that the price paid on these is far below the value (in listening quality and performance). Those sealed 15" subs are tight and hit hard and with the higher sensitivity,along with sub amp onboard...they don't take much input power to sing.
Once they are dialed in, I think you will really enjoy them. Congrats on the purchase!

Dialed in seems to be the key. I set the "bass boost" knobs all the way counter clockwise because I wanted no bass boost but turns out that sets the bass down -6dB (thanks to someone on the Klipsch forum for sending me the manual). That's probably why the midbass sounded so dead (had my other subs handling 35Hz and down).

Dialed in seems to be the key. I set the "bass boost" knobs all the way counter clockwise because I wanted no bass boost but turns out that sets the bass down -6dB (thanks to someone on the Klipsch forum for sending me the manual). That's probably why the midbass sounded so dead (had my other subs handling 35Hz and down).

.I would also suggest trying them with the subs pointing inboard, you may find you like the sound better.
I listen to mine in a rather small room and I prefer them set up that way. But it's whatever you prefer of course..to your ears.

Back
Top Bottom