Klipsch KSW 10 Subwoofer Won't Turn On!

robio80

I have a Klipsch KSW 10 subwoofer that’s behaving a little erratically lately. When I leave the woofer plugged in on and on the “Auto” setting, and pop in a movie, the LED on the front will turn green, but the woofer won't actually fire. I have it hooked up to my receiver’s LFE output, and the corresponding LFE input jack on the woofer. (It's been this way for years with no trouble, only recently have I had a problem) When I play a movie, it seems the only way I can get it to turn on is by unplugging the woofer, choosing a scene with an explosion, or some other low frequency sound, and plugging it in during the explosion. Royal pain for watching movies, ya know?

Just to be thorough, I tested this receiver with another subwoofer, and the other woofer turned on automatically every time, effectively ruling out a problem with the LFE jack on the receiver or the cable.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is it an expensive fix?

Thanks for the link. Seems to be a fairly common problem with these. There's a lot of feedback that the fuses blow every couple of years, and mine's about four years old. Based on the posts, I'm kinda surprised you haven't had a problem with your 12. I popped open the back, and sure enough the fuse looks shot. Radio Shack, here I come.

Back
Top Bottom