Klipsch R-26F

Skoorb

Hi all, with the Black Friday deals yesterday I purchaseda set of R-26F's. I am thinking to potentially replace my original(original crossovers etc) Heresey I's in my music listening system. I inherited the heresey's, so I won't be getting rid of the and hope to put some money into them at some point to get them man cave ready. But, this is for a main living space in our house and my wife hates the vintage gear(running off of a Macintosh MA5100). We have 4 young kids and the listening area stinks - so I am hopeful that lifting the sound to ear level(above all the bean bags, toys, couches etc) I will see a benefit using the r-26F's. Also the 30yr old Heresey's are in need of new crossovers, so I think they sound a bit muddy. Went with the r26 over the r28 just because I think the size of the 28's would have been obnoxious in this room (not our theater room).

Anyone have experience with the r-26f's? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I bought a pair at the Black Friday shindig myself and so far so good. I do have the reference 10" sub hooked up as well and my man cave sounds awesome. My wife is no stranger to loud music and I haven't had her approval yet to go past 1/3 volume on my Onkyo pro amp.

Thanks for the reply and also great to hear the positive feedback! I'm traveling for work, but the speakers were delivered, so can't wait to get home and try them out. Where did you pick up the 10" sub? Any deals going?

I had a $100 in store credit from Best Buy for going with Direct tv and wouldn't you know it they ran a sale on the sub from $349 to $249. (this sale ran the week before Black Friday) Finale cost, $149. I was happy as a clam.

Did you get the 26's hooked up? What did you think? They have plenty of punch on their own, but since I was able to get the sub so cheap I was like "what the heck"

Not yet! Got home about 2am from a business trip and haven't had a chance - probably tonight. Those boxes are calling me to open them! Yeah, that was a great deal on the sub - I would have done the same thing. At $349 though, not going to happen - was thinking maybe the 10" BIC sub for under $200. We'll see. I'll let you know when I get them hooked up.

Got them hooked up last night - was a little sad moving the Heresey's to the basement, but excited to try out the new R-26F's. Keep in mind I am comparing to heresey's that were floor level and still had original crossovers that are long overdue for replacement. First, my wife is happier with the more contemporary look, and honestly that alone might have justified the move. Hooked them up to my McIntosh MA5100 amp and threw pink Floyd on the project carbon TT. Immediately noticed more clarity and definition in music. I am not using a sub, yet - but it's on the list. I probably have them a little close to the wall as they sound a little boomy to me - but for $350 for the pair I think they are a home run! Any concerns I had after reading forums about these being the "cheap Klipsch line" are gone. For my situation I am happy with the purchase. Can't wait to run them a while to break them in and re listen to all my vinyl!

I know what you mean about "boomy" but I experimented a little trying different locations in my room until I hit upon the right location. Spent yesterday morning running my wiring in the wall so they're staying put from now on.

Liking these more each day. I do miss some specific sweet spots with the heresey's - particularly the guitar on the Dire Straits LPs sounded like butter on the Heresey's not as sweet on the r-26f's. But overall clarity seems better on the r-26's(maybe due to the old crossovers on the heresey's). Curious if you have bi-wired or bi-amped your r-26f's? I have not, but might try bi-wiring them - I wouldn't expect there to be much of a detectable difference. We'll see if I ever get to it. If I get a sub it won't be an option since I'll have to use the line levels to wite it from my old mcintosh.

Back
Top Bottom