Klipsch RC-42 II Reference Series center channel

Lapslah

Looking for any experienced reviews on this center channel speaker. I currently have a decent MK center, but it's too tall for the shelf on the new TV stand I'm about to order. It seems that most (even high quality) TV stands or cabinets assume everyone will use a 4" high soundbar (argh).

The Klipsch RC-42 II is 5.5" tall, so it will fit - but will it sound okay? It appears the only place it's available is Amazon, so I can't give it a listen before buying, which breaks one of my cardinal audio rules. But I'm in a bit of a bind.

Anyone have hands on one of these? Would you recommend it? Other center channels under 6" high that you can recommend?

I very much like my Polk Center channel my model has been discontinued but they make similar and much better ones. Polk has a big sale going on right now. The CSiA6 is an excellent choice for a center channel. Note the twin port design. The back plate you see is a cone defuser which lets you push the back of the speaker against the wall and the 2 ports are not blocked. You can also see the speaker can be Bi-amped. Incidently the Cherry finish is real Cherry wood and it has a glass smooth piano finish. They also have an available black finish.
They are on sale for $239.99 at Crutchfield.
W 24” D 14” H 7.8” it slopes down in the back to about 5”

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/csia6

C02F8839-B1EE-449C-B873-6FF57B32D574.jpeg

ED094087-3A9A-4040-8E08-BA90187C6FFB.jpeg

EA00131C-7A0D-4D80-B388-1D7DC4D198ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Check out Polk Audio’s sound bars. I have listened to them they have a subwoofer, one model has surround speakers, they can make your walls move. They already have one Sound Bar with Chrome Cast built in and they have one coming out that will have Alexa.

I have been a loyal customer of Crutchfield since 1974 they are the best. You can audition speakers and you can return them they pay the return postage, and you can exchange or get a refund. Crutchfield also sells Kilpsch speakers

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-xB2O100H19e/shopsearch/polk_audio_sound_bar.html?XVINQ=GW0&XVVer=U5Z&awcp=1t2&awcr=189595052376&awdv=m&awkw=polk audio soundbar&awmt=p&awnw=g&awug=9029230

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. That Polk center channel looks nice, but wouldn't have fit. I ended up getting the Klipsch mentioned in the OP. Haven't put it through its paces with any demanding program material yet, but in one regular evening of TV watching it sounded fine.

Back
Top Bottom