Klipsch Reference r51m the best deal on Budget Speakers going!

The Battle between the Q Acoustics 3020i, Wharfedale D320, and the R-51m has begun....lol

They're all offshored products. Buy Caintuck or Human Speakers. If you want detail and speed, go Caintuck. If you want punch and more presence, go Human. then there is Tekton or Zu if you got more dough.

The Battle between the Q Acoustics 3020i, Wharfedale D320, and the R-51m has begun....lol

Apples and oranges. The Klipsch doesn't even get below 60hz, which means it needs a sub. Then there's Klipsch's presentation due to the horn tweeter and their chintzy crossovers (in the budget models). Maybe this is different, but with current reviews using words like 'peppy' to describe the 51Ms, I'm guessing not. Some people like that, but it's apples and oranges presentation compared to Q acoustics and Wharfedale.

Apples and oranges. The Klipsch doesn't even get below 60hz, which means it needs a sub. Then there's Klipsch's presentation due to the horn tweeter and their chintzy crossovers (in the budget models). Maybe this is different, but with current reviews using words like 'peppy' to describe the 51Ms, I'm guessing not. Some people like that, but it's apples and oranges presentation compared to Q acoustics and Wharfedale.
I think the new Reference line is a bit different than years past, and truthfully they are more similar to the 3020i and D320 in sound than I thought they would be....except for Dynamics and realistic metals brass ect, which they cream the other 2....so far I like them better, the music is alive, and this is coming from a British speaker guy....

They're all offshored products. Buy Caintuck or Human Speakers. If you want detail and speed, go Caintuck. If you want punch and more presence, go Human. then there is Tekton or Zu if you got more dough.
I don't care about that silly offshore argument, Wharfedale is 1 of the very very few vertically alligned speaker companies in the world down to the binding post leads they make everything...and that factory in China they own it. And Human speakers naw....I'm not interested in EPI or Epicure stuff....Caintuck maybe Tekton and Zu not so much....

Last edited:
Wharfedale is of the very very few vertically alligned speaker companies in the world down to the binding post leads they make everything...and that factory in China they own it...

I think any large multinational corporation would be smart enough to know that they don't "own" any piece of property in China. They have run the numbers and It all depends on how much short term profit they can extract.

But, I'm way off topic now!

I think any large multinational corporation would be smart enough to know that they don't "own" any piece of property in China. They have run the numbers and It all depends on how much short term profit they can extract.

But, I'm way off topic now!
Lol....yes you are, on topic though we are in the golden era for budget speakers.....all 3 Speakers can do justice to a much costlier frontend without being a weak link...all 3 are very impressive including their build qualities to....

I think the new Reference line is a bit different than years past, and truthfully they are more similar to the 3020i and D320 in sound than I thought they would be....except for Dynamics and realistic metals brass ect, which they cream the other 2....so far I like them better, the music is alive, and this is coming from a British speaker guy....
No one was more surprised than me when I picked up some Quartets last year and found them to be superior to everything else in my room. the live presence, dynamics, even beat out my VMPS speakers. Since then I got some KSB 3.1 which utterly blew out the Infinity's in my shop amd a pair of RB61 II's that replaced the axioms as my surrounds. I have heard some of their budget towers that were a bit grating. I think the audio world is waking up to horns these days after decades of towers with domes and strangled dynamics.

This is AWESOME! I was just posting in this section about my two channel system and came across this thread!

I just posted this thread in the Home Theater section on AK.

Ordered the center last night and picking up the R51M's tomorrow after work! $175 For brand new high quality bookshelves?!?!?! Can't wait to try them out. I am even going to hook up my two channel system to them just to see how they sound.

I went the Klipsch route with this center and these bookshelves.

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-52...ocphy=9029028&hvtargid=pla-568534582534&psc=1

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsc...f-speakers-pair-black/6241808.p?skuId=6241808

$325 for the entire front soundstage!

This is AWESOME! I was just posting in this section about my two channel system and came across this thread!

Ordered the center last night and picking up the R51M's tomorrow after work! $175 For brand new high quality bookshelves?!?!?! Can't wait to try them out. I am even going to hook up my two channel system to them just to see how they sound.

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-52...ocphy=9029028&hvtargid=pla-568534582534&psc=1

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsc...f-speakers-pair-black/6241808.p?skuId=6241808

I also recently commented on this very same speaker at this same price.
What a deal!!
I bought the r820f towers 50% off recently and WOW. We love them.
I can't wait to hear what your opinion of the r51ms are.

I also recently commented on this very same speaker at this same price.
What a deal!!
I bought the r820f towers 50% off recently and WOW. We love them.
I can't wait to hear what your opinion of the r51ms are.

Well I should be able to give you my initial opinion this weekend. Ordered the R52C from Amazon yesterday, should be in tomorrow and then going to my local BB to pick up the R51M's tomorrow. Amazon didn't have them for $174.99 or I would have got them at the same time.

I will be evaluating them for both home theater and in my nice two channel system as well.

I don't care about that silly offshore argument, Wharfedale is 1 of the very very few vertically alligned speaker companies in the world down to the binding post leads they make everything...and that factory in China they own it. And Human speakers naw....I'm not interested in EPI or Epicure stuff....Caintuck maybe Tekton and Zu not so much....

So are you saying you want to try Caintuck OB's and Tekton but not ZU? What's your reasoning behind that statement?
I have owned Tekton M-Lores and Pendragons and I like my current Omen Dirty Weekends more than the Tektons.
I do have to say that Caintuck OB's have really piqued my interest but I am VERY happy with my ZU's.

You will like this setup....

So are you saying you want to try Caintuck OB's and Tekton but not ZU? What's your reasoning behind that statement?
I have owned Tekton M-Lores and Pendragons and I like my current Omen Dirty Weekends more than the Tektons.
I do have to say that Caintuck OB's have really piqued my interest but I am VERY happy with my ZU's.
Truthfully for a high efficient speaker I'm really not interested in Zu or Tekton....well i would be with Tekton if he still used the fostex drivers, me personally I'm much more interested in Caintuck and Omega than Zu or Tekton...

Last edited:
Truthfully for a high efficient speaker I'm really not interested in Zu or Tekton....well i would be with Tekton if he still used the fostex drivers, me personally I'm much more interested in Omega than Zu or Tekton...

So what are your reasons? We all have our wants and priorities. And there are a lot of people out there who like to talk about what they don't know about. Well..... I know about and am VERY familiar with all of your options. I have been building my system for over 5 years and have owned many speakers including Omega 3 XRS's, Tekton M-Lores, Tekton Pendragons and ZU Audio Omen DW's. Well..... Out of all of them, I bought another pair of ZU Audio's.

ZU's ate that good. They have the attack, immediacy, speed and dynamics like no other I have owned. Crystal clear and neutral and natural sounding at the same time. You are short changing yourself on the ZU's because they do everything right.

Back
Top Bottom