Klipsch Systems

cjmustang69

I had owned several pair of Klipsch Heritage speakers in past, but sold them as I experimented with other brands. I recently decided I would like to try a pair of Cornwall speakers and find a vintage Scott integrated amp to pair them with. The first picture below shows the Cornwalls I found last month (came with original B3 crossovers and upgraded ALK crossovers. I have the ALK crossovers installed currently). I also replaced original K77 tweeter with Crites CT120 tweeters. Currently driven with Pass Labs amp/preamp. I'm very satisfied with the performance of speakers (not harsh, and tremendous soundstage). I purchased a Restored Scott 299c integrated amp to use with these speakers (should receive within next 2 weeks) and am anxious to hear how they pair up.
The second photo is of system I put together this morning with pair of RF-83 speakers. I have a Pioneer receiver and McIntosh system I intend to alternate with these speakers. In my opinion, the RF-83 "flies under the radar" relative to Klipsch speakers.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice! I am in the process of building a pair of Cornwall III using all factory parts. I even have factory grills. I just need to make the cabinet.

I believe you will like your Cornwall speakers. I have actually owned 2 pair of Cornwall I speakers in the past. I liked them, but wasn't really satisfied with their performance. I still have much to learn about this hobby, but knew less when I owned my Cornwalls before, than I do now. I believe the amps I had at the time I owned Cornwalls previously weren't a good match for them. I know my current pair of Cornwalls perform in a manner which I enjoy driven by the Pass Labs front end. I suspect the Pass Labs front end is overkill for these speakers and the Scott integrated amp will be a terrific match for them (at least that is my hope).

Thank you for comments regarding systems. I have been enjoying the Cornwalls a lot. I hope to have my Scott 299C amp within 2 weeks. Very interested to hear the impact it has on the performance of the Cornwalls. Based on others experience within AK and the Klipsch Forums - I have high hopes they will sound very nice together

P1010526.JPG I received my Scott 299C integrated amp several days ago and connected it to my Cornwalls. Also moved the RF-83 speakers to home theatre system with RC-64 center. Still have work to do to get the pieces in stand organized, but overall very pleased with the Scott/Cornwall combination and really enjoy the Reference speakers for home theatre. Also looking for wood case to use with the Scott amp.

How about a pic of your CJ. Father had a Cyclone CJ bought new in 69. Bad fast. I was 17.

I spent most of yesterday rearranging my stands and systems in effort to appear more organized. A few more details to complete and I believe they will be finished (at least for awhile)
P1010533.JPG
P1010535.JPG

Back
Top Bottom