Klipsh 302

Mrvintage

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of KP 302's for $ 300-$400. The speakers are mint but I can't find to much info on them. I will be powering them with my vintage Yamaha P 2200's, But before I pull the trigger I'd like to find out some more info. If anyone can help me that would be great

thank you
Shane

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of KP 302's for $ 300-$400. The speakers are mint but I can't find to much info on them. I will be powering them with my vintage Yamaha P 2200's, But before I pull the trigger I'd like to find out some more info. If anyone can help me that would be great

thank you
Shane

Should be VERY LOUD lol. These look like PA speakers, should be awesome for that, home stereo use............eh?

No experience so I could be way off base here.

f2bb72dcd353b88f1f941d57e90a6433_635042181888060000_medium.jpg

Should be VERY LOUD lol. These look like PA speakers, should be awesome for that, home stereo use............eh?

No experience so I could be way off base here.

View attachment 1293660
Are they hooked up so you can listen to them ? I have a friend who uses. PA system for his music with self powered jbl w/ horn .
So yes they are. Not highest fidelity but can be good for music or movies !! Just need more power probably for them . Depending on power handling & efficiency dB.
Movie theaters use horns or dome speakers that look. Lot like Pa .

You should pick them up. I recently acquired a pair of 3002 (same speaker in a trapezoidal box). They are now my PC speakers. Fantastic sound, running on an Onkyo 7.1.

IMG_1029.jpg

I may be mistaken but my impression is that the horn in these is the same as used in the Forte ll and the Chorus ll. If that is the case you should know that it is not a wide band horn (it was designed for mid range duty only) and you would be looking at a top end of perhaps 12 - 14 KHz along with a number of reflection below that impacting the response. If that is the case you could upgrade the horn and turn these into a Crites Cornscala D.

I may be mistaken but I don't think the horn from a Cornscala D would fit in the 302 cabinet. Oval shape roughly 13 x 9

Attachments

• DSC_0365.JPG
    DSC_0365.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0369.JPG
    DSC_0369.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
I may be mistaken but I don't think the horn from a Cornscala D would fit in the 302 cabinet. Oval shape roughly 13 x 9
Well I was thinking that the horn could be auditioned up on top of the cabinet then if liked a new cabinet could be built. Pulling a horn out of a box makes more room inside for the woofer anyway and that is never a bad thing plus raising it up helps with positioning it closer to your seated ear level as well.

Thanks guys for all of your input. I’ve had a hectic schedule since I posted and I wanted to say thank you. As it turns out while I was at buddy’s place looking at the 302 I noticed another pair of speakers off in the corner covered up by a blanket. I ask buddy if I could have a look at them and were they for sale. He said he bought the speakers 2 years before but didn’t like their sound and they were to big for his sound area. Well guys i didn’t buy the 302’s but I’m now the proud owner of a pair of La Scala II’s. Now to break the news to the wife. Not sure where I’m goi g to set theses up.

I ask buddy if I could have a look at them and were they for sale. He said he bought the speakers 2 years before but didn’t like their sound and they were to big for his sound area. Well guys i didn’t buy the 302’s but I’m now the proud owner of a pair of La Scala II’s. Now to break the news to the wife. Not sure where I’m goi g to set theses up.

What an interesting turn of events!

The LaScalas aren't really known for their deep output (perhaps you already know this) but what they will give you is dynamics out the wazoo and very clean at that. (clean dynamics, I have no idea about the wazoo)

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom