Know any good sites to sell a rifle online?

qprhooligan

I know firearm sales are verboten here, so I was wondering what site you folks think is best for that purpose?

Thanks.

My brother has used Armslist with success. I'd guess it's not much different than any other listing service though...with possibility of lowballers and scammers.

Check your state laws concerning transfers.

You also need to find out about restrictions concerning shipping firearms to different states. You can get your pee pee slapped pretty hard if it's not done correctly.

Check Gunsamerica and Gunbroker, then align yourself with a licensed FFL.

Here in CA, EVERY transaction has to go through a dealer, except under just a few special circumstances.

Gunbroker.com.

Regardless of laws in your area make the buyer send you the transfer paperwork from a registered firearms dealer to make sure you're on the up and up.

I've had good success there.

Good luck

Eric

Do a Google search of your local area and compile a list of FFL holders within an acceptable driving distance of your residence. Then start making inquiries into how much they charge to do a transfer....I`ve seen some big swings there, like variations between $40 and $100 (the higher-priced ones typically indicate that they really don`t want to be bothered with it).
Gunbroker.com is pretty reliable.

Armslist is very successful in my neck of the woods...a great resource if you want to keep things local.

IMO, if one has a firearm that is linked/registered in any way to one's name, one would be a fool to sell it with no paperwork to show one no longer owns it.

Gun broker would be my first choice, but I think you would be better off with a classified in the local 'Sportsman's Magazine's site. Most states have them I would think. Here, it would be LouisianaSportsman.com.

I've had great success with Buds over the years. Most always the lowest price and free shipping. Since you appear to be new at the game, Buds has tons of approved FFL dealers across the country. You can select one closest to your home and your rifle will be shipped to them for you to pickup. Fill out the 4473, pay the transfer fee and head home for an evening of cleaning and admiration.

You can't sell a firearm on Craigslist the ad will be yanked down in a few min if that.

There are many facebook pages that have ads for firearms most are location oriented.

Gun Broker the auction site is one of the best places around.

Armslist has the most scammers and flakes

If selling a long gun across state lines you have to ship the rifle to a FFL (it does not have to be shipped by an FFL unless state law requires it) The buyer would pay any transfer fee and shipping. They will also need to arrange the FFL willing to accept a firearm from a private party.

As with audio equipment careful packing and lots of clear sharp photos will go far to help get the best price.

You have to register at Gun Broker and they do take a percent or fee but the customer base is like ebay huge.

I've bought many times using Armslist.com. Find the listings that are local and contact the seller to meet in person. In your case, as a seller, look for local buyer. It always worked out very well. As mentioned already many times, make sure to exchange paper work. You can download one from many sites.

IMO, if one has a firearm that is linked/registered in any way to one's name, one would be a fool to sell it with no paperwork to show one no longer owns it.

Word! CYA if you don't know and unreservedly trust the judgement and competence of the purchaser.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've bought a rifle locally from a seller I found on backpage before. We both filled out and signed a bill of sale for each other.

Back
Top Bottom