Koss esp 9s

Jlvan62

I'm total neophyte when it comes to vintage audio. I was gifted a mcintosh ma6100 integrated amp, mr 74 mac tuner, and a pioneer pl 45d turntable. All mid 70s I believe. I also have a pair of Koss electrostatic esp9 headphones. The energized has no power cord but I believe it can be powered directly from the amp speaker connection. I read somewhere that if your amp isn't of a particular type of ground, you can do nasty thingst to it by connecting the Koss energized. Needless to say I'm a little leery to try it out. Any insight anyone can shed would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Update to this. I hooked them up to a throw away 80s Sansui integrated amp. They sounded good but then came the smell. You know overheating electronics? They amp was super hot by the speaker inputs. Any ideas?

Are you using the AC cord for the ESP 9 power supply. You better or they soak up a lot of power your amp may not be capable of. Or it just could be the amp is on it last legs. As old as the ESP 9's are they could be the issue, too. What happens if your Model A's engine is smoking and the car won't move. Is it all on the engine or the transmission or both. Do you really want to own a Model A or a pair of ESP'9? They are way past new.

Are you using the AC cord for the ESP 9 power supply. You better or they soak up a lot of power your amp may not be capable of. Or it just could be the amp is on it last legs. As old as the ESP 9's are they could be the issue, too. What happens if your Model A's engine is smoking and the car won't move. Is it all on the engine or the transmission or both. Do you really want to own a Model A or a pair of ESP'9? They are way past new.
Thanks, I had them given to me and I thought they were cool. I don't have the power cord, do yeah I was powering from the amp. I may just donate them to my local vintage audio repair shop

Back
Top Bottom