KR-4070 Help

The Orange stereo light only comes on while the radio is on How do I make sure it's not in mono when playing my CD Player through the Tape Input?

The "Stereo" light indicates the presence of a FM Multiplex signal at the tuner.

Not familiar with that particular unit, but unless there is a switch that selects "Stereo, Mono, Left or Right", the unit is always operating in "Stereo" mode when using the phono, auxiliary or tape inputs.

There may be a switch to select "FM Auto or FM Stereo, or FM only". There may also be a pushbutton switch for "Mono / Stereo" which is effective for FM Stereo broadcasts only. Sometimes when the signal is weak, the noise in a Stereo signal is too much and can be reduced by switching to "mono".

Hi there is no push button for Mono or Stereo. The Selector knob has AM,Auto Muting, Mono,Phono,Aux Push buttons are labeled Source Tape Loudness.

When FM Auto is selected, the "Stereo" light will light when receiving a FM Multiplex broadcast. If you turn it to "Mono", the light should not light, indicating that you have switched off the de-multiplexer circuit and are receiving the broadcast in mono.

In all other positions, it is working in Stereo mode. :thmbsp:

Also I was wondering is my dad just being silly he says it's not much louder than a Transistor Radio or Boombox? But I think this thing can jam the house!!

You are correct. I think this reciever has something like 30 wpc. (don't quote me on that) I have the same reciever myself. I haven't had it hooked up in a while but the last time I did it was run through a pair of early 80s vintage bic model 44 3 way speakers. It had enough grunt to rattle the windows. Nothing like my yammi but pretty damn good for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom