KR-5200 different from other KR-5200?

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Hi, I picked up a 2nd KR-5200 for a backup. I noticed that they were not exactly the same? Different outputs and lamp holders, fuse location?

2SC1030 compared to earlier one with 2SC1111 power outputs?

Stereo lamp works correctly on this one so far.

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Last edited:
They were most likely made in different countries. I've seen this in KR-9400's Some had completely different internal parts, although on the outside, they look identical.

They were most likely made in different countries. I've seen this in KR-9400's Some had completely different internal parts, although on the outside, they look identical.

That's like the GSA-8510 and the Pioneer Amps.

Thanks,

The KR 5200 is one of the most sold Kenwood receivers ever. I have at least four different versions in my collection. The differences are only inside the receiver. Some changes are very obvious. Different boards, different fuses, one model had no fuses on a place where another model had a fuse etc.

The KR 5200 is one of the most sold Kenwood receivers ever. I have at least four different versions in my collection. The differences are only inside the receiver. Some changes are very obvious. Different boards, different fuses, one model had no fuses on a place where another model had a fuse etc.

Hi, thanks for your reply. The tuner section is fantastic, it picks up everything!

They are inexpensive receivers now.
What did they go for back in the day?

Thanks,

In fact the tuner section is fine - like all receivers of Kenwood had those days. If you ever will find a KR7200 - take it. Fantastic receivers. I have (had) the complete series. Today only KR4200, KR5200, KR6200, KR7200 and KR 2200 - which is quiet different in design.

Hi, I picked up a 2nd KR-5200 for a backup. I noticed that they were not exactly the same? Different outputs and lamp holders, fuse location?

2SC1030 compared to earlier one with 2SC1111 power outputs?

Stereo lamp works correctly on this one so far.

Thanks,

Mine has 2SC1030 output transistors
Power supply board is X00-1290-10
Switch for 120-220V mains operations

Back
Top Bottom