KR 6030 CASE/Side Panels

krisjay

Anyone know a source for these? I got a keeper unit recently and would like to bring it to full glory. If not, any info for creating side panels, dimensions, etc. Any help would be more than appreciated.

The sideburns would be the easiest to reproduce. Pics on the web show them having a recess on the front the same thickness as the faceplate. The height being the same as the height of the faceplate and the depth going a bit past the back panel but close to the depth of the top cover. Then just bevel the edge from the outside edge of the faceplate to the inside edge of the panel until that bevel mates to the top cover.

I don't know if any of the box builders on AK and elsewhere have done a box for the 6030. Knowing how a unit fits into the box will allow you to get dimensions for that project if you go that route.

You could get one on the bay, buy a 6030 that has one that is a parts unit. Might be cheap enough since a repop would be about 150.

I have a 4070 with the slide-on case that appears to be very similar to the 6030 design. The case would be relatively easy to reproduce since it is simply miters, some dados, and an array of kerfs for the ventilation gaps and accents near the front.

kr-6030ahkjhs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom