KR-9400 Light bulbs

Impedance

I've got a KR 9400, I've gone through it with deoxit and it sounds good, but some light bulbs in the tuner are out - I can see where they are, but it looks like some major surgery to get at them.

So, is it really that hard to get at them, or am I just psyching myself out? And once I do get to them, are the bulbs even replaceable? Can I put in LEDs?

I figure I'd go ahead and replace all the bulbs once I'm in there, is there a good source for that sort of thing?

TIA :thmbsp:

I've replaced them in the 9400, so I know you can find them (but I can't remember what lamps they take, or how to get to them...been too long. But they are certainly 8V lamps).

The last time I looked. I think I recall them not being the fuse lamp. They're actually soldered on the board.

I need to get into mine, more and more of the dial lights are failing. I'm going to build series/parallel LED pairs to replace each bulb.

Cool, thanks fellas!

If they're soldered to the board, I'm not sure I really want to get involved with it. Ruining an otherwise perfectly good 9400 is not how I want to learn about soldering.

Back
Top Bottom