KR-9600 outputs

reponce from Kenwood Japan

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us. Unfortunately we have very few technical tips
for TA-200W. I have attached internal circuit diagram for TA-200W and
application circuit. I hope it will be of assistance to you.
I suppose that the TA-200W must be made by Sanken, however we do not have
any record about it.

Thank you for your attention.

Respectfully yours,

T.Soranaka
-----------------------
Customer Support Center
Kenwood Corporation
(Japan)
css@kenwood.co.jp

We need some information on the TA-200w( used in
KR7600) such as data sheet and to verify Sanken S-
200w was the original manufacturer. Your help is
greatly appreciated. If you need to call my
extension is 3504. The web page wouldn't submit
this entry when I included the extension with the
phone number. Doug

What happened in this thread???
I am trying two S200wa modules, and will post the results. They are still $55 from B+D

Nakdoc said:
What happened in this thread???
I am trying two S200wa modules, and will post the results. They are still $55 from B+D
I'm kinda curious about that myself.

Well.....if anyone figures out that these will actually work in a KR-9600.....
Perhaps we can put together a group buy. A search today shows some available but the min order was 50 pcs. I'd just like to get a pair for spares "just in case". My 9600 will probably never need them, but a little peace of mind would be nice.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

I have a KR-8050 on the way and also have an 8010. Can anyone confirm whether these Kenwoods also use the unobtanium IC and are therefore are a candidate for whatever mods you all are referring to? I obviously have an interest in finding out about this. Any info would be welcome.

I originally posted some pictures on a simular post showing the originals and Sankens but I couldn't find that posting. My assumption was Sanken make them for Kenwood and also tried to market them. It was questioned if they had the same pin out. I searched many schematics and ask others if they knew of any other brands that used the sankens but no results.
Best of luck
Doug

I've never seen a thread here where this substitution worked. However, I've often wondered about the comment in this thread, post # 49. Maybe it's worth following up? Let me know if you find out something.:thmbsp:

Here is a shot of an STK module I made for my 9600.
Been in daily use for about 20 years.

Attachments

• stk2.JPG
    stk2.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 490
Very nice, and clever!

Did you design the circiut board yourself? Do you have any more of these? Was it difficult to install the replacement?

Regards,

Dave

The circuit is from the Sanyo data book (1985), I did a quick layout and had some prototype boards made where I was working (Philips).
Checked my junk pile and found 4 bare boards, once built they require 2 holes be drilled in the heat sink to mount the STK and 2 in the board to match up with the old board holes. Overall they sound good and have been hit hard enough to blow the 6A fuses but never hurt a module...

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 306
hi, more info please; i have had my 9600 since it first came out, and although never abused i dread losing the output channels. thought this thread was dead, but mabey there's hope...

Hi Terry:

For us lazy bone types, can you supply completed boards with modules? I just bought a KR 9600 and would like to have back up parts if possible.

Thanks for your ingeniuosness.

Regards,

Dave

SANKEN parts

I'm kinda curious about that myself.
Ok gang....
I have put an S100-W into a KA-9100 BUTthe pinout is different, The AMP PC board needs to be reworked to accept the part, and it works fine. Here is the sheet for the S100, S60, S40 I'm trying to locate the S200w sheet. I would be careful just dropping in the Sanken part for the Kenwood part. I'm pretty sure Sanken did not make the Kenwood TA200's .

sanken100.jpg

The Kenwood TA100 and Sanken S100 pinout.....

sanken100comp.jpg

Glenn and I discussed this topic along time ago and I guest it slipped through the cracks. I still think the S200 will work if it's a 10 pinner but the pinout may be different, like the S100 part.

I also have a couple working TA200's

John Mik

Ok gang....
I have put an S100-W into a KA-9100 BUTthe pinout is different, The AMP PC board needs to be reworked to accept the part, and it works fine. Here is the sheet for the S100, S60, S40 I'm trying to locate the S200w sheet. I would be careful just dropping in the Sanken part for the Kenwood part. I'm pretty sure Sanken did not make the Kenwood TA200's.

John Mik

Thats good to hear that you can put the S100-W into a KA-9100 but still have to re-work the board. But hey, you'll have a working 9100 again. At least I know a alternative in case something were to happen to my KA-9100.

Ka9100

I just happened to have a pic of one mounted on a heat sink, I was doing a transplant between two units and this is one of the pics.

ka9100-open.jpg

SicMan, it would be good if you could post a thread on how you did this with the KA-9100 so that future members who come here can see that their are alternatives for their KA-9100 in case they can't find the TA-100WA.

Back
Top Bottom