KRELL Amplifiers BIG one's are they worth this ?...( Not affiliated ) will they Increase in value?

Really talking apples to oranges when you look at vintage receivers getting the money some of them are today compared to these amps.
These were originally more money than any receiver I can think of. To think they would go for more than 35K in the future would be a stretch.
Most electronics do not seem to appreciate much unless there is a nostalgic/rarity demand like say Sansui 33,000 22,000 or Pioneer 1980s, 1280s etc.
The cosmetic condition of this set does not lend itself to being a primo example of the amps IMHO. How a beautiful set of amps gets in that condition is beyond me. :confused:
Also, these amps would require specific power requirements to feed the needs of the Class A power output. Not many can afford to have dedicated power to run them.
All that said, If I had 11K to burn, yeah that would be fun to have a set of these.:thumbsup: Just my 2 cents.
J.T.

I cant see into the future but I think it will be at least 40-50 years before they would sell for more then what they sold for new if ever and that is partially due to inflation. The fact they are so beat up looking means that future collectors will likely pass on them unless needed for parts and certainly not at the price you would hope for. They weigh 200 lbs each so that narrows the selling audience also. I would pay no more then 5k for these.

Regards Snow

IMO, the seller is a bit optimistic. Those amps likely need to be serviced with 25+ years cooking time on them, and i would expect that to be anything but inexpensive.

I bet they are awesome amps. If you were in the market for something in that price range, could you come close to that quality for that price with anything currently on the market?

Unfortunately I also think he is dreaming at 11k. Can't see there being much nostalgia associated with them unlike the big receivers of the 70's, and being as awkward and heavy as they are it really kills the market for them. Big amps aren't fun to move never mind ship across the country. No doubt there is a market for these huge class A amps from that era but it's a niche one because hardly anyone NEEDS that kind of amplification. I value them at 5k in that condition and maybe 8-10k mint but you'd probably be sitting on them for quite a while waiting for the right buyer. Of course I may be totally wrong.

One thing to note regarding the condition, they aren't actually that bad, it's only the black areas which are scratched and with some re anodising those could easily look brand new again, if the grey fascia was scratched it would be a different story.

That's not paint splatters, that's very careless handling. Looks like they were just dragged around on both the face and the rear heatsinks and the top marks from other gear sliding across them. The owner is a moron.

BillWojo

That's not paint splatters, that's very careless handling. Looks like they were just dragged around on both the face and the rear heatsinks and the top marks from other gear sliding across them. The owner is a moron.

BillWojo

Yeah, I'd never buy them, cause the previous owner clearly doesn't care about them.

BillWojo

yep 100 percent, my NRG's have similar scratches and it's from being dragged along the ground. It's coz they are so damn heavy and awkward to move.

Back
Top Bottom