KSA1220 Transistor out of stock

As LesE indicated, if the KSA1220AY goes EOL, the TTA004B and TTC004B might be worth a look, since they seem to completely cover the operating range of the 1220 with higher current and wattage, and only about 12% lower gain, and a slightly lower Ft.
Gain has to be equal or a little more,

That would depend upon the device being replaced. We use the KSA1220 in many places because it is a good, reliable audio amp with fairly low noise and good bandwidth, and in many cases its gain is a lot higjer than the device being replaced. The Toshiba devices shown also have fairly high gain, low capacitance, good AF performance, and good bandwidth. In many of these same places where we would use the 1220, the TTA004 would greatly out-perform the original device being replaced, just like the 1220 does.

Good man. That should keep the project rolling along. Hopefully the karma finds its way back to you.

A public shout out to Larry as he opened his Mouser bag and handed me 4 new 1220's over coffee. The man knows his tubes and I would recommend picking his brain about those ancient relics any day. The 2275 is going back into the stereo cabinet today after testing last night. She hums like she's newly minted now, without a real significant rebuilt.. which will come later.
Thanks Larry and lets get together again and talk about those reel to reels.
Cheers y'all.

I had the same problem finding 1220's, and another AK'er came to my rescue. Thanks a million! That's what makes this forum special, being able to help each other. Good Karma!

Dave404 and I met up Saturday afternoon for coffee and or Cokes. We BS'ed for about an hour and a 1/2. I gave him 4 out of the bag (broke it open) KSA1220AYS. He's working on a Marantz 2275. Hope these work out well for him.

Larry

Larry -- How many more do you have left? I need 2 of them for 2275 I'm working on. Still hoping to get those speakers...

I imagine years down the track when crazy old guys will meet in dark alleys or coffee shops to buy obsolete transistors from mysterious suppliers with the 'good stuff' hidden in their coat pockets.

"Man I need some 1220AYs, I heard you were the guy"
"Sure, but they're gonna cost you and I can only sell you 2"
"But I need 4. I've got the cash, come on!"
"OK, show me the cash first"

And they go their separate ways into the dark, until next time..

I’ve used Arrow several times when everyone else was out of stock..... free shipping usually and freaky fast delivery, I think they use FedEx overnight service. I ordered once and had them delivered in 28 hours, Nevada to Michigan. Don’t know how they can afford to do that. Not sure if FedEx delivers on Saturday though.

I’ve used Arrow several times when everyone else was out of stock..... free shipping usually and freaky fast delivery, I think they use FedEx overnight service. I ordered once and had them delivered in 28 hours, Nevada to Michigan. Don’t know how they can afford to do that. Not sure if FedEx delivers on Saturday though.
The Arrow price each was $1 more than Mouser's posted price, ships from Hong Kong in 6 days for free, but it was in stock. I am building a part supply to refurb my SX-1050 so not in any hurry.

Guess I’ve been lucky, items have usually been in stock here. Glad you can at least get the parts you need relatively soon.

So, does anybody have a solid recommendation for a KSA1220AYS replacement? I need something for a SX-1050 build and its holding me up. Thanks

So, does anybody have a solid recommendation for a KSA1220AYS replacement? I need something for a SX-1050 build and its holding me up. Thanks
What is the original transistor you are replacing. Would Toshiba TTA004B work?

Its the 2SA720 on the AWR-103 Power Supply A board. I'm seeing that the TTA004B is about the best alternative available. Didn't know if anybody had a better solution.

So on a really bad day, the 2SA720 needs to pass 40 mA, usually less. A KSA1013Y would probably get it done.

Back
Top Bottom