KSC1845 not available, suggestions?

SaturationPt

Big Woofer Club
Subscriber
I thought that I had all of the parts necessary to restore my SX-1010, but somehow UPS has lost my OnSemi KSC1845s, and they are no longer available at Newark, Mouser, nor Digikey.

I'm not a fan of NTE, any suggestions (for replacing 2SC1313, other)?

this caught my eye, the 1845 has been a good goto for me - is there rumor of obsoletion? will 1815 suffice when mirroring 992s?

2SC1845 and 2SC2240BL are both available at B+D Enterprise.. Both will do nicely for a KSC1845F

79 dollars for 100, KSC is some 8 dollars....the hobbyists buying 100 would not do it...

Their stock is 350. Now who produces them again since if the stock is that low they would be out of it very soon.
So, as a lot of companies are supposed to sell fakes, is there any reason those are not fake?

It seems many smaller suppliers have those 2SC1845 and other obsolete Japanese ones, although apparently the big ones can not get hold of them :confused:

Last edited:
I've bought a lot of transistors from BDENT. Have never had any issues with suspect "fakes". Only issue I had once was they sent me the wrong Sankens. Which they bent over backwards to make it right for me.

ksc1815 seem to be in abundance .. i said 2sc1815 out of habit . must be the large bag i have full of them .
same thing . watch pin outs . always test before install dont trust data sheets .

Great information here, all I have to do is compare a couple of these and I'm home free.

Sawdust is getting my my "fix" (great pun eh? EH?), I'll figure out whether the long-term includes hoarding!

I'm wondering if it's like the toilet paper scare of the 70's. You guys remember that?
The social media scare of the 70's caused the grocery store stock to deplete in less than an hour.
It took several weeks to get back on track.

Back
Top Bottom