KSC1845 not available, suggestions?

Dunno, I remember waiting in line for gas in the 70s. I was a kid, and we would walk down the line to the waffle house and get some food and A/C while we waited.

I've got a few hundred KSC1845FTA if you guys get in a pinch. PM me if interested so I dont break any rules promoting my website here.

Hard to tell really, but all of the three mentioned sites have estimated delivery dates for the 1845. The earliest is Nov 29, latest is Jan 30. Whether this is a computer-generated date or something that OnSemi has provided to these distributors I really don't know.

I'm not much of a hoarder, the TO-220s that I like to use (and are recommended by guys here also): MJE15032 are apparently out of stock in a couple of places. If I find a source I'll probably buy a dozen, just so that I don't have to look up substitutions (and I can use the 15034 in most cases which is available). It won't stop me from a restoration, ... yet, as there are other options for both the 15032 and the 1845, it's just inconvenient. Capacitors of the correct values, a couple of zeners, parts will slowly become harder to find.

a few decades ago all of this stuff was available (including germaniums) and all that I had to do was open an IC Master and look it up. Easier in some ways today, this internet thing, ... but through-hole devices and in some cases discrete devices will ultimately become harder to find.

I just hope the components necessary to restore these '70s pieces are available for another 20years so that we will be able to enjoy the restoration hobby, ... maybe I need to rent a small warehouse and stock up!

I'm not sure that buying them today to resell later will pay for itself though, seems that the handling and other overhead involved would crush any profit that having unobtanium $0.11 capacitors and even $1.00 TO-99s would bring, but I hope someone does it anyway so that those of use with the itch to restore (and/or repair) will still be able to find NOS parts in another decade.

Chinese New Year is coming, that"s probably why the delivery dates are pushed out to January.

79 dollars for 100, KSC is some 8 dollars....the hobbyists buying 100 would not do it...

Their stock is 350. Now who produces them again since if the stock is that low they would be out of it very soon.
So, as a lot of companies are supposed to sell fakes, is there any reason those are not fake?

It seems many smaller suppliers have those 2SC1845 and other obsolete Japanese ones, although apparently the big ones can not get hold of them :confused:

BD does not sell fakes. ----->.<----- I and countless numbers of my friends have used them over the course of 20+ years. Not gonna happen.

Newark/Farnell & Arrow show stock

Thank, I have some inbound from Sawdust to hold me for now.

Newark is where I had ordered mine, bought the last 30 from their warehouse in England, but they have been lost en-route. They are expecting more at the end of next January.

I ordered a 100 from Newark a week ago and now looks like they have only 9 left in stock. They shiped from Farnell in the UK so I haven't got them yet but fingers crossed.

given that the backorder amounts are about 18K per week in dec, what are the odds that *we* are the sole consumers for this? given this, I wonder if we can go directly to ONS to get em? sorta like arms dealers....

Back
Top Bottom