KSC1845 not available, suggestions?

Digikey has them now, I had 200 back ordered and received them today, :banana:
Arrow electronics has adjusted the price to be more in line with Mouser/Digikey and shows a date code of 1751+ so I would think these are pouring into stocking dealers by the large box full.

are they really going extinct ? or will they make more i wonder:idea: ? might have to panic buy some soon just in case . :D

are they really going extinct ? or will they make more i wonder:idea: ? might have to panic buy some soon just in case . :D

The new datasheet states they are stamped "ON" and this is from october 2017. I guess it takes time to change the marking and maybe there is/was a one-time delay only.

If there was a lot of demand, I presume RS stock would have depleted by now....

I still aint got my 1000 I ordered. when that gets sent (mouser takes $$ up front!) then I will declare the national nightmare over.

I believe the low inventory situation these past few months is the 'perfect storm' kind of issue. ON Semi bought the company, production goals and availability of manufacturing gear whether it was the same line as before or a different factory, had to be made available and then there is the scheduling of the manufacture. That production line is used all year and it makes lots of different transistors and it took awhile for the 1845 to earn its position. Hopefully, ON learned how much these are used (are they, compared to a new production use of a discrete transistor) and adjusted the production to keep stock available until the next schedule production run.

Last edited:
It could also be a matter of moving tooling to a new location, or repair/replacement of tooling. Either one can cause an interruption if a sufficient bank is not produced in advance.

Tons of 992's showing as in global stock thru RS in NZ - 2200, but compare that to only 400 of 1845's showing as in global stock thru RS.....

well that 1000 was not mine...they just sent me an email will advise when more come

mebbe ON should realize that we exist and as long as we are resurrecting, we consume these things like breath mints (cept the legs scratch your throat...)

Just adding my info....just placed my order with Mouser,and the KSC1845FTAs are on backorder again.. supposedly the order will be in on the 22nd. The 850 goes on hold till then!

Back
Top Bottom