KT-7500 Bulb Replacement

Champco

Front tuning scale bulb as well as meters are all not lit. I suspect they need replacement.

Can anyone tell me hoe deep of a job is this? Is it all soldered? Do we have LED replacements?

Thanks....

I see them on the auction site.. LED sets that you crimp into place. I made my own with LEDs from Bob's vintage electronics and his LED wedge replacements. I bought a bag of 10 for spares :D They can be a bit tricky to solder wires onto as the contacts are pretty thin. But it's doable.

IMG_6697.jpg IMG_6736.jpg

Do we have LED replacements?Thanks....

I bought clear 10mm leds off of Amazon and replaced all 4 bulbs. They have about the same diameter as the original bulbs. You will need to build a DC supply with dropping resistors. i think I used one 1n4007 (or 005?) diode and 5 100R.

Last edited:
I bought ten kits for an AC to DC converter ( bridge) from a Chinese importer for under 6 bucks. I've tested it on my Marantz units. Works great.. will take up to 24 volt AC in and puts out 5 VDC.. 4 diodes and a resistor.. plus one filter cap. Tiny board.

Here is what the kit looks like. I've the blocks and a LED in place for my testing. In the units, those come out for hard lines

IMG_9520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom