KT-7550, Auto or MPX filter?

MPX filter filters the 19Khz stereo carrier frequency. What you hear as hiss when listening to FM.

X

Technically Bolly I believe the filter de-emphasizes the signal a little bit making it a little more mono as the case may be, giving you less hiss in the signal ...

Steve

boxoboom said:
Technically Bolly I believe the filter de-emphasizes the signal a little bit making it a little more mono as the case may be, giving you less hiss in the signal ...

Steve

Some tuners do this, typically called Hi-Blend, the KT-7500/7550 uses an additional low pass filter in the audio amp section.

X

I think I have the manual for the 7550. I still regret selling it years ago. PM me if you want a copy.
Steve

Bully & Bolly (that's funny), Made copies, need to pick up some envelopes this afternoon, should be able to hit the post office tomorrow.
Steve

so this is a good thing?

Punker...

I have always assumed that using the MPX Filter setting on my KT-8300 is a good thing.... can't say that I can hear a difference most times though.... (OK... I just listened carefully using my Grado headphones, and there is a difference)

Are there specific situations when you would want to avoid using the MPX filter?

(not sure, but I suspect it uses a similar circuit as the KT-7500)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom