Kutztown, PA Antq Radio Meet 5/11 & 12/2018 is 2 Wks. Away....

Discussion in 'Events & Happenings' started by tubeactive, Apr 25, 2018.

1. tubeactive

tubeactive AK Subscriber Subscriber

Same location since the '90s ! Graciously perpetuated by Renningers Kutztown / DVHRC antique radio club, this show is widely attended by Audio collectors, record hounds, jukebox clubs and antique radio folk alike, from anywhere USA and beyond. Twice a year, May and September, this is a "Happening." It is as much a HiFi gear exhibition/swap meet as a radio collector event. Hundreds of tables set up and thousands of attendees have been known to have attended fair weather shows...Located at the Kutztown, PA. Renningers Antique Market's large, overhead protected, pavillions, on Noble St...with...Free Admission, Free Parking and Free camping nearby ! Good Food, as well...

While the show exhibitors and vendors can show up Thursday to set up their displays, there is no "early shopper" admission available. A table must be pre-arranged and start at close to $50. I believe. Even the participating exhibitors and vendors wait in a long line with their vehicles before they can begin unloading/set up on Thursday.

Friday morning is the official start of the Free Admission (!) event. The "early birds get the worms" so to speak. If a few AK fellow collectors can carpool it and split a prearranged table or two or three, definitely show up on Thursday or early Friday. There will be many HiFi demo tables, for listening, swap or sale, happening simultaneously during this two or three day get together....

setup1 and wlhd1610 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. wlhd1610

wlhd1610 Penny and her new friend Subscriber

Always wanted to go to this.
    Maybe this is the year!

Bob

3. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

4. setup1

setup1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Looking forward to this event. :thumbsup:

5. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

Its a cool show. I go to sight-see more than purchase but even so there is lots to look at. I still usually manage to find some odds and ends that I need for projects as well.

6. mrphilco

mrphilco AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll be there - booth 650, second pavilion. Stop by and say hello.

7. knockbill

knockbill Addicted Member

Just got back from K'town,, beautiful day in PA... Saw some AKers,,, spent most of the day with Gadget, which is always a treat.... Got lots of records, CDs, tubes, sockets,,, and a couple more OPTs followed me home,,, Traffic didn't even suck, can't get better than that!!!!!

8. Nautiker

Nautiker AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm still hoping to attend, someday... Nice weekend for it...

9. gadget73

It was a good weekend for it.

Good seeing you again John, and it was nice to run into Tom up there as well. I wasn't quite 100% but it was still a good day out. Unfortunately I got kinda sick again by the time I got home, so today was not as productive as I'd hoped for.

10. knockbill

Yep, good times,,, and the weather was close to perfect,,, sorry you were under the weather, but we still got to "do Kutztown" again,,, Good to see Tom and Nelson also,, hope that socket covers the hole, Tom!!!!
    Keep me in the loop if you are planning the "salvage" trip...

Spending the day cleaning up the guitar and spinning the CDs and records... still have to sort the tubes!!

11. gadget73

yeah I was going to do that today, even if just to pick up that piece off my friend that pulled it but it wasn't meant to be. Apparently the donor car has blue interior too, so I may be harvesting more parts. Basically anything on it worth taking, I'm taking. I just don't want to put it off too long, cars get turned into tin cans eventually. Hoping for next weekend perhaps.

12. knockbill

Good idea, they don't keep em forever, hard to say how long its been there... Maybe the back seat cover will be better than yours,,, if so it will match better than a new one... I could drive the van over there, if you don't want to drive a truck, in case you want to get something big... Just let me know, I'd like to grab an antenna for the wagon, mine crapped out...
    Feeling better yet?

13. setup1

setup1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  14. tubeactive

tubeactive AK Subscriber Subscriber

Now, that was a great show ! I could not believe the sheer amount of hifi goodies available, especially amps and preamps. The turntable availability seemed light. Speakers were widely available, too...

I saw a beauty of a single Seeburg "Discotheque" huge Altec 811A horn based speaker, a pair of Spica TC-50, "small" DCM Time Windows, some AR bookshelf speakers, an early Audio Research D-50 amp with the painted Dynaco A-420 opts, its' mate the ARC SP-2C pre, a Thorens integrated amp, a very cool Canadian int. amp with back-lit "graphic" tone controls, two Scott 130 stereo preamps, lotsa Heathkit and Stromberg-Carlson amps, oh so many tubes, even some cool tonearms. Classic solid state amp and receiver gear was easily found. The next show is September 20-21, 2018...

15. gadget73

The pair of McMurdo-Silver Masterpiece VI's were the highlight for me. Such a rare set, and to see a pair of them was quite cool. Shame they were not in their cabinets

16. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

Was a great show, as always! Saw lots of cool stuff, both audio and otherwise. Was intrigued by a Dual 701 I saw on someone's table, but it didn't take long to disappear. If I didn't already have a few dozen turntables (including four Duals), it probably would've gone home in my car. Also drooled over those Marantz separates, as well as all the other cool audio gear which showed up. The only audio stuff I brought home was a smattering of phono goodies, including a Stanton 681E stylus and a Dual AS-12 45RPM stacking spindle. Here are a few pictures of some of the other stuff I ended up hauling home with me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, I bought an old computer at a radio show. And it isn't the first time it's happened. Not sure what it is with me..... :dunno: :crazy: :rolleyes:
    -Adam